Chapter 4 ~ 13 Years Later

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Maddy's POV.

"Maddy's Journal Entry. June 5, 2015.

FINALLY!!!! Summers here. I've been slaving over at the college & already done with my 4 year degree. I'm 22 & I still don't know what to do next now that I'm done with college. My friend , Tiffany thinks it's a good idea to go on a road trip to Arizona for the summer. I think it's a good idea; I haven't traveled anywhere since....well that doesn't matter at the moment.

My foster parents could care less about little old me since they don't like me at. They never liked me since they "great fully" took me under their wings when no one wanted me because of my records. To me I think the reason why they took me in was that they get PAID to "love" me. So who gives two shits about them I'm going. Tiffany thinks I "over pack" things, but the truth is I don't know how long the trip will be & I might not ever come back to Florida since no one wants me anyone & I wanted a fresh start in Arizona.

Mama would always say, "Home isn't where a place is found, but where the heart is. There is where home is." And I go by that rule.

I hope Mama is right about that."

13 years had passed. I had a hard life growing up in Florida, but that was about to change. My high school friend, Tiffany asked me to come along with her & her group on a road trip to Arizona. So what the Hell, I'm going.

I was walking down the stairs with my 5 bags of my belongs. When I reached the front door I see both Bernie & his wife Genie were in the living room smoking their cigarettes while watching TV. "I'm going now." I said, but neither of them answered. "I'll be gone for a long time." Still no answer. "I might come back?" Again no answer. "I'm gonna go live in a creak house & sell creak for a living?" Bernie grunted, blowing a puff of smoke out of his mouth. I glared at them in disgust. "Well screw you all!!!" I yelled, grabbed my bags, walked out the door, slamming it from behind me.

Tears were about to come out, but I tried my best to suck it up. "MADDY!!!" I heard Tiffany cry out to me as she drove her van on the drive way. I waved over to her.

"Hey Tiff. Give me a second to grab my bags." I was struggling getting my 5 bags when a hear a voice behind me. "Hey do you need help?" I turned around to see a tall, slender, well built boy about my age came up to me. "Here let me help you with that." His hair was a shin shiny blond, & his eyes were a shiny sky blue.

"O-Oh...t-thanks." I stuttered.

"My pleasure. By the way I'm Max." Max said as he took 3 of my bags in his medium size buff arms.