Chapter 14 ~ Thomas' New Face

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

Dedicate anageliz

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Thomas' POV.

Maddy & I got back from our honeymoon a few weeks ago, everything went back to normal. I moved into Maddy's room...which is our room now.

There hasn't been a lot of people coming by & we were on the edge of running out of meat, so Uncle Hoyt decided to tag me along to get some fresh kill. I didn't like the idea of leaving Maddy alone at the house all day, but I didn't want my family to starve.

It was 5 in morning when Uncle Hoyt wanted be up. The sun was peaking over the horizon, the wind was open to let in the cool summer breeze blowing into our room. I peered down at Maddy who was still asleep. Deciding not to wake her, slowly I crawled out of our warm bed, leaving the comfort of Maddy's body against mine. Maddy started steering in her sleep as she was trying to find me, but I gently gave her a kiss on her forehead & lips; got changed into my usual outfit, opened the door, but before I left I looked back to see Maddy still sleeping. Smiling to myself as I left the room.

Uncle Hoyt was waiting for me in the sheriff car as Mama was getting in her car for the gas station. She gave me a kiss on the cheek & said. "You boys be safe, you hear me?"

"Yes ma'am." Uncle Hoyt said as I nodded in response, got into the car, & drove away.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Maddy's POV.

Today I did my normal routine, got ready, made breakfast for Uncle Monty and I, washed the dishes, fix the garden up, watered the plants, made the beds, & did some laundry in the front yard.

As I hanging up some clothes up to dry I saw a small gray car driving up toward the house. "I wondering if it's the Sawyers?" I questioned, but they would have called? After the car drove up the window rolled down & there was a family of 3 were inside. A flashback ran through my head as I remembered 15 years ago when I was that family in my parent's red pickup truck.

The dad stuck out his head & said. "Hey there miss. I was wondering if you could give us direction to the nearest hotel."

"There's nothing from here for miles..." Than idea popped in my head. "Why not stay at my house for the night. I'm sure you fellas are tired from the long ride."