Chapter 13 ~ The Wedding

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Maddy's POV.

July 28, 2015. 1:49 am.

I couldn't sleep that night because of the wedding jitter. Thomas & I slept in different rooms because it was bad luck for the bride & groom to see each other before the wedding, & I don't want that on my wedding day.

Although it felt weird not having Thomas in the same bed with me. I doubt Luda Mae & everyone else knew that Thomas & I already done it 3 times before we were engaged.

The moon spilled into the bedroom as I lifted the sheets off my body, quietly opened the door. I could hear the echoing of snoring as the whole family came for the wedding & preparing it. As I tip toes my way down the creaky stairs, I manage to slip past the living room where Tex was sleeping, & into the kitchen when I stumbled upon Tex sitting at the table with a glass of water & a cigarette in his mouth.

We stared at each other for about a minute or two, but the memories of Tex attacking me in the barn made my blood boil as I was about to walk out. "Wait! I want to apologize." My feet were stuck to the ground, turning my face toward Tex as I saw a guilty expression on his face. He knew what he did was wrong & I never forgave him for that since. "What I did to you in the barn, what I said about Thomas...was wrong. I was wrong. I should have known better."

Leaning against the doorframe with my arms crossed. "Than why did you attack me?" Tex looked up at me as he was afraid of looking at me in the eyes. I've never seen this side of Tex, the scared & regret.

"I...I was...jealous. I was jealous on how luck Thomas is to have someone like you who doesn't fear him, scream at him, or throw rocks at him like most of the girls did here before the factory shut down. I care about Thomas, I care about his emotions, & I don't want him to be hurt, but you...it just messed me up. It feels like a dream that I might wake-up to know it's too good to be true." My heart dropped at the bottom of my stomach, an aching feeling. "I was jealous because Thomas someone that I might never grasp because...you know being a cannibal & all." He looked back at me, & sighed. "I hope that you can forgive me for my selfish action."

Hesitating for a moment, I looked back into Tex's sandy colored eyes, drew a small smile, & said. "I forgive, Tex." Tex looked back at me, a big smile that touched from ear to ear. I walked up to him, rubbed his shoulder. "I know you will find some for you someday. Look at Thomas & I. It took us 13 years to find each other, maybe it will happen the same way for you."

"Thank you, Maddy." Smiling at him again, I walked back up to my bed room, & drifted off to sleep.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧