Chapter 19....

Song on side is 'Happily Ever After' by He Is We. They are just amazing! Great band check out their other songs. (May or may not fit chapter but I love the song :) ) 

Happy Reading 

Before I knew it, it was Thursday, the day before the Benefit Gala. The last week and a half flew by with my running all over the place trying to get everything ready for that night. I had made hundreds upon hundreds of calls to different venues, caterers, party guests, the place where the invitations were being made. And on top of that I still had to do everything for Ashton at work, with meetings, filing, reports, running stupid errands for him. It's right to say I haven't slept very much in the last week. I didn't leave the office until 8 o'clock on most nights sometimes even staying until 9 or 10. I was exhausted but I had to make this gala amazing or Ashton would win and I would look stupid and incompetent.  

About a few days into the project I wondered why I was the only one doing all the work and he didn't have others doing stuff too. I was tempted to ask Judy why but I thought she would talk to Ashton about it and that was the last thing I wanted. I didn't want him thinking it couldn't handle it. Most days I almost missed lunch but Neena has gotten in the habit of calling and texting me over and over again until I came down to the cafeteria with her. If it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't eat all day. I had found out that Neena was very sarcastic and seemed to say whatever was on her mind most of the time. On Monday when Neena and I went to lunch Liam surprisingly came and ate with us. Neena had seen him a few times but never talked to him, so when he took a seat at our table she almost choked on her drink. She won't admit it but she was smitten for the data processor. 

Liam and Neena were my only friends at work and I was okay with that. They were both great to talk to and kept my mind off of a certain someone. When Neena came over during the weekend her and Kacey immediately clicked. They sat down on the couch and talked about fashion for a good hour before I interrupted them bored out of my mind. Since that night Neena seemed to come into our friendship and we were now the 3 amigos, but white. Kacey of course was still Kacey. Every night before bed she would lay something out for me to wear and they probably weren't the best to wear to work but since I had nothing else I wore them. She also made me promise once this Gala was over and I got paid we were going shopping. She had it in her mind that if I should a lot of skin Ashton would come running back apologizing and she had it totally wrong. All week he never once looked at me, he only did when he bossed me around to do stuff. 

Even during meetings with board members, clients, or other supervisors he kept his distance and his gaze far away from me. Whenever he did look at me it was with disgust and almost loathing. I guess I was really that terrible looking and disgusting that he regrets ever touching me. I swallowed down the pain everyday and ignored the ache in my chest that seemed to grow every time he asked me to book him a reservation at some fancy restaurant or when I went to his apartment and found a pair of woman's panties on his bedside table. I took all of that with stride but the other day when he came into work and had lipstick smeared on his neck and around his mouth I lost it. I locked myself in my office for a good hour before forcing all of my feelings down and got back to work. It was safe to say my heart had a pretty good crack in it by now. I was happy now that I didn't sleep with him or the pain would be worse. 

Both Neena and Kacey didn't like that Ashton was using me and making me do this whole gala by myself. They both threatened to kick Ashton's ass and do a few other things that I will not repeat but lets just say there was a lot of cussing and Ashton wouldn't be walking or having kids anytime soon. After telling them I was fine and practically yelling at them both to stop they did but rather reluctantly. Everyday they still said stuff about Ashton but luckily didn't do anything. I agreed with them but I needed this job and I felt like I needed to prove myself to everyone.