Chapter 21....

Ashton's suit on the side :)

Song on the side "Good to You" By Mariana's Trench. Thought it fit perfect at the gala scene.

Dedicated to Zephyr because she always comments and always gives me words of encouragement :)

Happy Reading :)

The Gala Part 2:

Neena, Kacey and I headed to The Smith's Center with excitement. Even though I would be working I was excited to go to something like this for the first time. Neena wasn't as excited as me and Kacey but than again she has gone to at least 2 of them. I don't know how we managed to fit all of us and our dresses into a cab. Well at least me because my dress was longer and bulkier than Kay or Neena's.

We got to The Smith's Center with 15 minutes to spare. After paying for the cab we walked in and I heard Kacey and Neena's in take of breath. From the corner of my eye I saw them staring at the place and decorations with awe. My heart swelled with joy knowing I did pretty good. I had chosen a dark blue and white color scheme, so the tables were a mix of blue and white. The walls were decorated elegantly with blue drapes, all the tables had flowers and name cards on them, up by the make shift stage and dance floor a table held expensive pieces to be auctioned off. People had donated a lot of good stuff and I was hoping they would for a lot. This benefit gala was for the New York orphanage, well for the cause that every child deserves a loving home, everything made here tonight goes to them. There were several spots around the room where guests could write down their donations and put them in the boxes so we could send them to the orphanage.

I glanced around too and saw everything seemed to be the way it should. Guests started to slowly arrive and I had to leave Kacey and Neena for a while to go make sure security was gone guard and food was being prepared. I found a hidden place to put down my clutch so I wouldn't have to carry it all night. Grabbing my phone out of it I walked to the kitchen, my heels clicking on the floor. I spent the next 15 minutes making sure everything was set before heading back out to the ballroom.

More and more guests were arriving and were standing around talking to others. I spotted Neena and Kacey in the middle of the room and Liam was there as well. I weaved through the crowd and made my way to them. I came to a stop beside Kacey and shot Liam a smile. He looked dashing in his black suit, and his blonde hair tousled on his head.

"You made it." I said to him.

"Of course. Pass up free alcohol and pretty ladies in dress, no thanks." He answered smirking. I just rolled my eyes at him. "You look very pretty as well Layla."

"Thank you." I shot him a smile.

"You have three sexy ladies surrounding you, you should feel ecstatic. When will this ever happen again." Neena said to him.

"Hey! I will have you know I can get any girl I want whenever I want." Liam said puffing out his chest. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Your grandma doesn't count." Neena shot back at him.

"No I mean your sister."

"I don't have a sister dumbass." These two bicker like an old married couple I swear.

From the corner of my eye I saw the crowd of people around us turn towards the door and stop talking. Wondering what's going on I turned as well. Just like the red sea everyone parted away and in walked a very elegant older couple arm in arm, something about them seemed familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it. As the couple came through the door another couple walked in, this time there was a buzz around us mostly by woman though. My breath hitched and my heart crumbled just a little bit as I saw Ashton walking in with a beautiful model looking blonde on his arm.