Chapter One

Kaitlyn smiled into the full length mirror in her room as she tied her hair into a low ponytail. She gently clasped the platinum 'A' locket with her and Alfred's picture securely around her neck followed by the 'I love you K' ring around her finger and the Half Heart ring on her right ring finger. Her phone buzzed indicating a message which she ignored and focused on getting ready for her outing with Troy.

She had planned on spending the Christmas with him as he was alone and so was she. Lia and Carlos were going to Carlos' hometown- New Orleans while Jayden was with Dylan at Nico's. Aria, Nola and her grandmother had invited her but she had already promised Troy.

And now, they both were going ice skating and hang out with Rafael and Katherine. Then she would stay over at his till New Year. The door opened and Nia peeped in before entering fully and Kaitlyn gazed at her through the mirror.

"What is it, Nia?" She asked, picking up her shoulder bag.

"Mr. Miller has been here for over five minutes. I asked if I should let you know but he said no" Kaitlyn smiled. Typical Troy.

"I'll be there in a bit. Just let him be" Nia smiled and nodded her head before leaving. If anyone deserved all the best In the world, it was Troy. He could be erratic at times but that was just one of the good things about him. Asides from been a gentleman, he was an honorable friend and she knew she could count on him any time and any day. Even if no one was beside her, Troy would have her back through thick and thin.

She grabbed her knee length boots and headed down, clutching her phone tightly to avoid its falling down and smiled when she saw Troy seated on the couch with his head hung low which meant he was on his phone.

"Hey" she said trying to sound surprised "how long have you been here?"

"Not long ago. Maybe three minutes" she nodded mumbling an 'I see'. "So shall we? Rafael and Katherine should be there already"

"Of course" he stood and allowed her to reach where he was before they began walking side by side.

He opened the car door letting her get in before jogging to the other side and starting the engine. He drove in a comfortable silence except the soft music playing from the radio. Kaitlyn played with her fingers, biting her lip to stop her from asking the same question for the billionth time and getting the same response from him. She hoped every time that that his answer would be different or at least be a little hopeful.

"When do you think Alfred would be back?" She asked, not thinking any further. Troy's grip on the wheel visibly tightened and he sighed. "I've asked this umpteenth times, I know, sorry to disturb you" she turned her attention to the outside world, tears threatening to break free.

"You're not disturbing me. Don't ever think about that ever again. I really don't know when Al's going to be back. But can you not talk about it; don't even think about it until after new year. Enjoy Christmas, Kaitlyn. Please don't be sad" he turned to face her for a second but she was still facing outside. His face softened, feeling the sadness and disappointment reeking off her.

"I just feel maybe he has moved on or something. Or what if he found someone better" he scoffed at her remark and pulled over making her turn to him. "Why'd you stop the car?"

"Cause you're been ridiculous. Alfred is worse than he was: colder and more shut off. The only person he's ever let into his life was you. He isn't some sort of prude or whatever. He just believes so much in true love that he had himself shut off from whatever relationship that wasn't leading to that. He really loves you and would do anything for you. And by anything I mean anything. He was probably caught up in work that he wasn't able to talk to you. But he's always sent you gifts which means he hasn't forgotten about you"