Chapter Thirty-Six

Kaitlyn looked at her reflection in the mirror as she curled her now glazed blonde balayage hair. With a passive look on her face, she looked at the clock on her dresser and noticed it has already been ten minutes since her family had been there. A sudden fear crept into her mind as she thought of the consequences of her actions and what her grandmother would do to her. She had decided everything on her own without consulting even her Aunt. Or Carlos.

She licked her lips a little, applied red lipstick to her them and stood to give herself a once over before slipping on her silver ankle strap platforms. She adjusted her black one-Shoulder thigh length dress before heading out.

Taking in a deep breath, she smiled as the elevator beeped indicating she had reached her destination. She noticed her grandmother seated on the biggest couch, asserting her authority on the other members. Nico was the first to notice her presence as he was seated on the couch opposite the direction of the elevator. With her smile still intact, she walked towards them, stopping right beside Charles.

"What sort of behavior is this, Kaitlyn?" Her grandmother questioned. "You invited us over and came down late"

"I'm sorry if I've offended you, grandma" she apologized with a smile and Jayden gave her a confused look. "If you don't mind, can we go over to the table now?"

"Since you're behaving so nicely, sure" Kaitlyn smiled again and watched her grandmother walk to the dining.

"Are you feeling aright?" Nico asked, as he stopped in front of her with Scott beside him.

"She is behaving weirdly" Charles inputted.

"Weird doesn't mean something is wrong, does it?" Kaitlyn asked him. "And it isn't as heinous as murder"

"What are you talking about?" Charles asked back.

"Nothing" Jayden quickly defended and his sister glared at him.

"What are you all wasting time for?" Anna shouted from the dining and they all turned to her.

"We're coming, mother" Nico answered and took his brother along.

"Where's Dylan? And Aunt Nola?"

"Dylan went to see the Dentist" Scott answered "and Aunt Nola is out of town"

"Had something to do with Adrian's school" Aria added. "And what drugs are you on today? I like your dress by the way"

"Thanks. And I'm not on any drugs. I just want to be nice for a change" Aria laughed.

"Could never be me"

"Yeah, could never be you" Scott teased and she threw him a dirty look.

"I really don't see why Illania likes you"

"Only non bitches can tell"

"Kaitlyn is literally the omega bitch here" Kaitlyn rolled her eyes.

"Shouldn't we be going now before grandma kicks our asses?" Jayden asked and Aria shrugged.

"I get my ass kicked for merely existing" she commented making Kaitlyn smile and lead the way to the dining room. She took a seat opposite her grandmother and at other end of the table, smiling at Charles who looked at her weirdly.

"Have you joined Aria in the drugs department?" He asked and Aria threw him an accusing glare.

"As if you don't do it" she defended herself. "So does Jayden, Adrian and maybe Scott"

"I am clean" he argued and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right"

"Do we seriously have to argue all the time?" Kaitlyn asked, clearly irritated "why can't we just have a normal dinner like a normal family?"