Chapter Thirty-Four

Troy looked up from the glass he was holding and turned to his father whose arm was locked with Dove's. She had a smirk on her face as her eyes met his and he rolled his eyes, not before his eyes trailed down to her tight dress with exposed cleavage and smooth tanned legs.

A scoff mistakenly left his lips and he bit them to refrain from saying anything that would offend his father.

"What are you doing?" Erick asked his son.

"Having a drink" he answered not sparing them a glance.

"Detective Hirsch said you were at his earlier. What business do you have with him?"

"It's none of your business. Why didn't you ask him when he told you?"

"Were you trying to find something about me?" Dove chirped in, a sly smile on her face. Troy turned to look at her with raised eye brows.

"I have better things to do, Dove" he answered.

"Corbin said you were investigating Chris Hernandez's death and you've found the culprit. He didn't tell me who though" Erick continued "as much as I liked Chris and his daughter is a sweet child I don't want you getting in their personal issues. They are as screwed up as screwed up can be"

"I w think you're in the position to tell me what to do and what not to"

"I'm your father, Troy let's settle this like two mature Adults"

"You call yourself an adult and still have her around your arms" he rolled his eyes. "I'm an adult, dad" he stood. "I can make my own decisions as much as you can make yours" he glanced at Dove "and if we're talking about how bad they are, I guess it's hereditary"

"Troy, show some respect to your future step mother"

"Exactly, step mother. Not mother. Excuse me, but I have to go" he threw a disgusted look at Dove and walked past his father.

"We're getting married in two months" Erick announced making Troy stopped in his tracks and slowly turned to his father. He now figured the reason behind the smug look Dove had been carrying since she got in. His father turned to him

"Two months? Why wasn't I involved in this decision?"

"You're not the one who's going to marry her"

"But As you said she's going to be my step mother and I can barely stand her ass"

"Troy!"

"Come on, dad. Can't you see she's just using you to get famous isn't the so called movie industry. God knows what's she's carrying inside that plastic body of hers. Maybe she's pregnant with someone else's child and blaming it on you. You never know whom she's cheating-" Dove gasped at the impact Erick's fists made with Troy's jaw. He spat out the blood that had pooled in his mouth and glared at his father, wiping his mouth with his sleeve before smiling, the anger visible in his blood red eyes.

"-this isn't the first time anyway, So we good. Congtatufukcinglations" he glared at them one last time before grabbing his car keys from the couch and heading out.

*****
Kaitlyn stared at her shoes as she waited for the door to be opened. Her mind raced through what she was about to do and let out an exasperated sigh as she ran a hand through her curls.

As soon as her hands got in the pockets of her coat, the door opened and she forced a smile at the butler who had his head hung low as he stood aside making way for her to get in.

"Um, where's Alfred?" She asked, turning to face the butler.

"Mr. Smith is in his room" he replied, his head still hung low.