Chapter Forty-Five

"Glad we could all make it" Rafael said as he bounced on the couch.

"Well, yeah" Justin agreed, stuffing his phone into the pocket of his jacket. "It's been long since we hung out like this, don't you think?"

"And to think Alfred's the first one to be getting married" Rafael mocked again, turning to face Alfred with a smirk. "That too in a week. Quite unexpected"

"Can you like stop talking about that?" Alfred asked, adding a hiss to emphasize his annoyance but it only made his friends smile wider.

"Rafael's right. It was quite unexpected" Troy added "you used to act all grumpy and what not. Who knew you'd have a change of heart so early?"

"I marked thirty five as when he was getting married" Justin said and opened a can of beer. "Or maybe forty" Rafael fidgeted with the remote in his hand.

"You're all insane" Alfred grumbled "and as I said earlier, it's a contract. A compulsion. Stop getting faster than your shadows"

"You're such a spoilsport" Rafael complained, turning to face them with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "We're having a bachelor's party anyways, right?"

"No"

"Yes!"

Alfred glared at the other two who had yelled a yes.

"What do you mean, yes?" He asked, eyes daring but Justin only rolled his eyes.

"Stop been so dramatic. We're throwing you a bachelor's party" he explained, as if talking to a toddler "it's the last night of your freedom. After that you're gonna be tied to a woman for the rest of your life"

"They're right" Troy butt in and shock took over Alfred's face "I mean even if you end up getting married again you won't be a bachelor then. So you have a bachelor's party only once in your life"

"Yes, baby!" Rafael hollered "and we're gonna have the best party of our lives" Alfred rolled his eyes, sinking back into the couch as he started to bask into the idea, a small smile playing on his lips. He knew they would go ahead with the plan whether he was on board or not. And would still be forced to attend. Besides, the party might just be the distraction he needed. His wedding with Victoria could change a life forever. His only wish: his mother kept her side of the deal. She was the one to breech a contract whenever things weren't going in her favor.

After getting married to Victoria, he would ask for documentation. Her words alone weren't an assurance. His mind wandered to what Kendall had earlier said: Kevin wasn't dead. He was kept at an orphanage. But if he wasn't dead, then who was buried? Digging up six feet and getting the corpse wasn't something he wanted to have a first hand experience of. Especially a fourteen years old corpse. Besides, it wouldn't be recognizable at the moment.

"Your mind is always diverting to something else, what's wrong?" Troy asked. "I mean I know you're not really happy with the wedding but you seem really disturbed" Alfred ran a hand through his thick curly hair. He hadn't realized when his mind wandered.

"Are you okay?" Rafael asked 'we can not throw the party if you're uncomfortable although it would be pretty fun and you would regret it later on-"

"It isn't about the party" Alfred cut him off and he rolled his eyes When he noticed relief wash over his friend's face

"Then what is it?" Justin asked

"Well, I don't know" he let out a puff of breath "Kendall said she wasn't sure but she kind of saw these orphanage documents regarding Kevin"

"Kevin?" Troy asked, clearly intrigued "I don't mean to sound rude or anything but Kevin was buried six feet under the ground"