Chapter Twenty

Victoria dropped the two boxes she was holding on the table in front of her bed before sitting on the bed beside Kaitlyn. She smiled at the other girl who was playing with a rose flower from one of the vases on the bedside table. Kaitlyn noticed Victoria's room was filled with different types of flowers.

"Your love for flowers is definitely on another level" she complimented. Victoria laughed, stood and placed her coat on the wooden wall mounted coat rack.

"Told you I'm obsessed. They are too beautiful"

"So is your room"

"Why thank you. So about what I was going to talk to you about" she sat again beside Kaitlyn with a serious face making Kaitlyn worry instantly "what do you think about Alfred's friends. I feel like they don't like me at all. And to win a guy's heart you need to win his friend's heart. And if they don't like me there's no way I'll win Al's heart. Tout sets Fini (everything will be over)" she buried her face into her palms making the girl beside her chuckle and Victoria raised her head to glare at her "you think it's funny?"

"Alfred has a heart of stone. It takes more than just his friends to win his heart. It's almost impossible" she said in a duh tone, suddenly proud of herself. Or not. "And you can't get into his heart if he doesn't want you to. No matter what"

"Not possible?" She brought her head up again to look at Kaitlyn "so you mean I'm going to marry a stone?"

"Most likely. But you can always try. There's possible in impossible"

"I get that it's a business deal but there should be at least friendship, tu penses quoi (don't you think)?"

"Yes. Of course"

"But they keep making fun of me"

"No they don't. They just find it hard to admit more people into their circle. I won't say they were like that to me at first but it was definitely that way for Katherine. Vesper grew up with them so they've been friends for a long time and Aria is really close to Justin so there that. But you're nice I'm sure they'll like you. Especially when you get married to Alfred"

"I guess you're right. I'll be nicer to them. Alfred seems to value them a lot. Oh and do you know? The wedding is set for next two weeks" she squealed and Kaitlyn stared at her, her heart shattering to a million pieces all over again. Victoria noticed her tensed look and pouted "you're not happy for me?"

"What? No, not at all. I'm happy for you. Trés heureux (very happy)" she smiled.

"Merci infiniment. Je t'aime (thank you so much. I love you)" she gave her a hug which made Kaitlyn's heart clench and eyes to well up.

"I have to get home, Tori" she said, trying not to let her voice crack and Victoria let her go, with her grin still intact.

"Thanks. You made me feel much better. And you smell so good too"

"My pleasure" she managed a smile.

"I can ask my driver to drop you home"

"I'll just take a cab. I'll pay when I get home"

"Sure. I'll get these ready and have them sent to Alfred as a surprise"

"Yeah. Of course" she grabbed her coat "I'll be off now"

"Bye" she said absentmindedly and Kaitlyn gave her a tight lipped smile, walking out. "Hey" she stopped a maid passing by

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Can you show me the way out?"

"Oui" she smiled and led the way. The house wasn't that big but large enough to get lost. "This is it, ma'am" she gestured at the entrance when they got to the foyer.