Chapter Twenty-One

Kaitlyn dropped the box she was holding on a table and turned to Rafael as she redid her hair into a messy bun, taking off the scarf she had around her neck and smiled at him as he ran a hand through his slightly damp hair from the shower he had taken earlier. Katherine and Vesper soon walked in holding a bottle of water each.

"When is Al getting here?" Kaitlyn asked and Rafael turned to the wall clock.

"In about ten minutes" he answered "I think. Where's Justin? I told him this light's too dim" he groaned making her smile

"He's in the kitchen. June stopped him" Vesper answered "that woman irritates every cell in my body. She's worse than Elizabeth"

"Elizabeth plays her cards well while June just keeps on ranting you'd want to slap her with a smelly sock" the girls laughed

"A smelly sock? Is that the best you can come up with?" Katherine asked, sitting on a couch.

"I can not slap you with a sock and slap you with something similar to it" he smirked "Vesper's had the first hand experience" She nodded, taking a gulp from the bottle.

"Trust me he's good" she complimented making Kaitlyn groan.

"Seriously guys" she complained "can we not talk about Rafael's sexual skills it's going to make me gag"

"You wouldn't be gagging if we were taking about Alfred's" Vesper teased and Kaitlyn rolled her eyes mumbling an 'of course not'.

"Did you invite Victoria?" Katherine asked, eyes focused on Rafael as Troy entered, settling beside Katherine

"Yeah" he answered "Troy suggested we do"

"It only makes sense" Troy argued and Kaitlyn sighed, making herself comfortable on a stool.

"She was complaining about you guys not liking her" she reported "which isn't exactly fair of you cause I mean it doesn't matter what we think. Al's made up his mind to get married to her no matter what"

"I don't like her" Vesper complained "she's obnoxious"

"And clingy" Katherine added.

"And why does she bothering you and calling you Ma Chérie as if she's known you her whole life?"

"I don't know I guess she's just been friendly" Kaitlyn defended.

"Over friendly" Katherine added and Vesper nodded and her eyes lit up.

"Hey come here I need to talk to you" she said and dragged Kaitlyn towards the window. "Did you do anything about the blood we found the other day?"

"No I didn't. I was kind of wrapped up in my own problems I forgot about that"

"It's okay, I understand. I don't think their investigation is on the right track else they'd had found it. Or something else at least"

"Of course they aren't doing anything. They don't want to find the real killer. Probably because the real killer offered them something, I don't know. It's just a gut feeling" Elizabeth had done it in her father's case so it could be possible even now.

"Don't you think I should tell my parents"

"No" she denied immediately making Vesper raise a brow "I know you're sad about your twin's death but we have to be careful. If that person could get into your house, Kill Haisley and leave little to no evidence then killing us both won't be hard for him" Vesper went silent for a while which made Kaitlyn scared, thinking she was considering backing out.

"Maybe you are right. But don't you think this is risky?" Kaitlyn bit her lip. Risky was no word to compare what they were considering.

"What is going on here?" She sighed when she heard West, Justin's father's voice in the small living room they were in. They all turned to him and saw Justin behind him but from the looks of it he was unaware of his son's presence. As usual, the man was dressed formally and a deep scowl on his face like he was going to be charged for every smile.