Chapter Thirty-Five

"Kaitlyn" the teacher called, lightly tapping her shoulder. She slowly looked up from her book to the lady beside her with guilty eyes.

"Yes?"

"Are you fine?"

"Yeah, of course" she arranged her hair and looked back at her book.

"You've been zoning out a lot"

"I have? I'm really fine. Just a little sleepy but I'm fine"

"You do have bags under your eyes and your eyes and face look puffy"

"I said I'm fine" she half yelled and the teacher took a step back. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell like that. I'm just stressed and you're currently adding to it"

"Sorry. I was just worried about you"

"I'm fine" she looked at Katherine who was shocked as much as the class and Kaitlyn herself. "Can I be excused?"

"Yes, of course. The class is almost over"

"Thank you" she hurriedly stuffed her books into her backpack and walked out of the class, avoiding eye contact with Katherine whose eyes followed her till she was out of the class.

"Do you mind checking up on her?" The teacher asked Katherine, adjusting her glasses as she turned to her. "She seems really disturbed and I don't want to make speculations but I'm pretty sure we all know the reason"

"It isn't about that, Ms. Holland" Katherine argued "she's over that. I'm sure it's something else. I'll go check up on her now"

"Sure" she gave the woman a light smile before heading out. Only God knows what the fuck is wrong with Kaitlyn today, she thought as she headed to where she knew Kaitlyn would be. The dance studio. She entered and saw she had changed into a leggings and tank top, dancing. She slowly shut the door behind her and took slow steps towards her.

Kaitlyn closed her eyes as she let the music take control of her body as the consequences of her decision kept replaying in her head.

"What are you doing?" Katherine yelled after turning off the speaker making Kaitlyn quickly whip her head towards her.

"What are you doing?" She asked back.

"I'm trying to help you get your head straightened"

"Oh my head was never straight?"

"Wha-you're putting words into my mouth right now" she pinched the bridge of her nose "That's not what I said"

"Well that's what I heard" she crossed her arms as she walked towards the other end of the studio to sit on a mat. Katherine sighed and sat beside her.

"Can you just stop been a bitch and listen to me?"

"Ha! A bitch, Jayden said the same thing to me last night. We came in different cars this morning"

"Well you're been kind of bitchy" she shrugged, drinking from a water bottle.

"Maybe that's just how I want to be now" she wiped her mouth with her palm.

"No, obviously not" you won't be saying that in a few hours, Kaitlyn thought.  "I think you should just let me in in whatever it is that's bothering you. I can help, you know"

"You can't do shit about it, Katherine"

"You never know until you tell me" Kaitlyn turned to her with a light smile.

"It's nothing for you to be worried about,  I'm fine. I promise" Katherine placed her hands on Kaitlyn's.

"You don't seem fine. But I'm here for you whenever you need someone to lend ears too. Although it seems Troy wants my position" Kaitlyn smiled.