Chapter Fifty-Eight

Kaitlyn straightened out the navy blue two piece she was wearing and ran a hand through the curls she had spent an hour doing, smiling back at her reflection. As she put on her heels, she heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in" she prompted and the door slowly opened to reveal Mia who grinned once her eyes found Kaitlyn.

"You're looking very beautiful" she complimented "something tells me you're planning on stealing the spotlight from the bride"

"Cut it out, Mia. What do you want?"

"Well, Prince Charming's here. He's been waiting for over ten minutes. Your Aunt Lia has already gone with her husband and Jayden"

"I didn't know I was the only one in the house"

"Well, Prince Charming said you shouldn't be disturbed" Mia smirked when she noticed the blush on Kaitlyn's cheeks.

"I'm done" she straightened up and gave Mia a twirl. "What do you think?"

"Perfect" she winked as Kaitlyn grabbed her bag and they headed downstairs just as Alfred was getting off the phone. He smiled at her while helping her get down the rest of the stairs.

"You look amazing" he whispered into her ear as he pushed a few loose strands of hair behind her ear making her smile.

"You don't look so bad yourself" he chuckled and placed a feathery kiss on her lips. "Did you by any chance get a hint on what I was wearing?" She glanced down at his navy blue suit and he raised a brow.

"Maybe" Mia cleared her throat behind them to get their attention.

"The both of you are already late as it is" she stated "any later and you'll miss the wedding" Alfred gave her a cold glare which didn't alter her but made Kaitlyn smack his arm.

"I don't like her"

"Trust me, you can't dislike her as much as Rafael does"

"Rafael dislikes anyone who doesn't succumb to his sweet talks"

"See you later, Mia" she didn't get time to get a response as Alfred dragged her out of the house.

"I had volunteered to walk Kendall down the aisle this time" he spoke as he started the engine.

"You mean forced her to let you walk her down the aisle. Just like how you forced her to practically beg me not to go over to her house yesterday and accompany you to your chemo session" he only shrugged at the accusation. "You didn't need me there. Kendy needed me more"

"Of course I needed you. I need you with me all the time. If I had my way I'd glue you to myself" she rolled her eyes at his antics but couldn't help the smile that was threatening to appear on her lips.

Just as she was getting ready to leave Troy's house, Kendall had called her. She was happy she called since she was going over to hers but the happiness soon dissolved when the woman asked her not to bother about going and that everything had already been set. When she insisted on going, she had suggested her to go with Alfred for his chemotherapy session. And it only confirmed her suspicion.

As the car was brought to a stop, Kaitlyn was forced out of her train of thoughts. The church was a small one on the outskirts of New York. Kendall had insisted she wanted nothing fancy and had planned everything out herself right down to the very minute. Though her brother had insisted on redecorating the church with large flowers in opposition to the smaller ones she had set out.

"I'll go get Kendy"

"Sure" she said and walked in. Kaitlyn noticed the only people present were close friends and family. From her cousins, brother, her aunt and uncle, Alfred's friends and PA, Her friends and a woman Kaitlyn vaguely remembered as Kieran's secretary. She slipped next to Rafael with a smile on her face, noticing how Aria was giggling away to whatever it was that Justin had whispered into her ear.