29

Just like they said after remembrance week they went down to Norfolk to look at Wimpole hall.

"It's not that damaged," Alessandra commented looking around the house.

"This is the area that was being rented out and open to the public so it's not damaged,"

"I'm going to the rooms," Alessandra mumbled walking up the rooms.

"Which will be the twins' room, I want them close," Alessandra said looking.

"Look at this dusty thing," she whispered walking into the room, "But it would be perfect for the twins, it's close to the master bedroom and it overlooks the garden what a nice view,"

"Yeah," James mumbled going over the kist, "Look at this ancient piece, they meant it when they said they'd stick to the east and west wings, and it's not locked," he knelt to open the kist.

"I think you want to see this," James announced to Alessandra, "See what?" she asked moving away from the window.

"This," James revealed the Cartier box, "Open it," she said giddily kneeling next to him.

"First read the note," she said taking the note from the box.

"My dearest Evelyn,

I know you have heard of my engagement, but the truth is my heart belongs to you and it shall belong to you till the day I die, I don't want to say much knowing that this is our goodbye.

In this box is a piece that I've acquired from my trip, I've left it to you, to show you how important you are to me, my darling Evelyn.

Yours truly.
Sebastian."

"Who are they?" Alessandra asked looking at the note in interest.

"I don't know but the letter has my family crest," he said motioning to the top of the letter.

"Come on, open it," she said excitedly as James opened the small box.

"It's from 1931, designed by Jacques Cartier, for the Duke of Fife, The Toussaint Necklace"

"James for fuck sake," Alessandra let out angrily while taking the box and opening it.