13

"Mom?"

"Would you like me to give you a minute?" Alessandra asked the two

"No" James replied the same time his mother said yes,"I'll just go get some drinks, tea is fine for both of you right?" Alessandra asked giving them some privacy.

"How are you alive?" James asked looking at his mother in shock, she looked just like she had in the pictures just a little but older but still very much pretty.

"I couldn't do it anymore okay, your father and his cheating habits, I couldn't stand it, when I agreed to marrying your father it's because I was in love with him and he was in love with me too and then that wretched woman Camilla came, I couldn't take it anymore" Mary broke out into sob," I wanted to take you with me so badly, I really did but if I took you with I knew your father wouldn't stop looking for you, after seeing what they did to that poor woman I regretted leaving but I couldn't come back I did want to come back James"

"Did grandma and grandpa know?"

"It was one of the main reasons they helped raise you, so that they could have a piece of me with them" Mary diverted the question as Alessandra finally came back with the tea, "thank you, after seeing you get engaged I knew that it was time for me to come back, I want to be your mother again James and I want to watch my grandchildren grow, I missed out on raising such a spectacular young man and I don't want to miss out on watching my future grandchildren grow, if you will let me of course"

"I need time to process everything" James said leaving the room, Mary sighed as she looked at her sons retreating figure, "He'll come around he's just shocked a little, but he'll come around" Alessandra said to the woman as she took her hand in a comforting manner.

Mary looks down at Alessandra's hand"The ring looks amazing on you"

"Thank you, do you perhaps want to stay for dinner?"

"No I must get going, I really want this to work"

"Give him time trust me James will come around, he loves you he really does he's just shocked, just put yourself in his shoes"

"I know I just always envisioned him wanting to get to know me you know, like him embracing me but I guess I believed too much into those fairytales" Mary said sadly as Alessandra opened the door for her.

"Some do"

Dinner was awkward as James kept to himself and Alessandra would always glance at him trying to get him to say something about what had happened earlier that.

"Okay James I can't do this whole silent thing, please tell me something, what's going on in your head right now? How do you feel about your mother being alive? I don't know anything but the silence" Alessandra pleaded as she put her fork down.

"You're staring to seem like a journalist like now"

"Oh wow so your soon to wife is worried about you and you call me worrying me being a journalist what is wrong with you? You're supposed to talk to  me about these things, and I'm always letting you get away with it but that ends today, you're going to tell me what you really think about this while situation"

"Alessandra please drop it"

Alessandra shook her head as she stood up,"We're going to talk about this,now because knowing you we would never talk about it"

James too stood up, but he made a beeline for the door," James, you can't just run away from this" and with that the door was shut .

Hours went by and Alessandra was starting to get worried, she had called his brothers and father but they all claimed he wasn't there, were would he be, she was starting to worry and she couldn't even blink her eyes thinking of all the worst case scenarios.

"I came as soon as I could, what's the matter?" Maude asked and Alessandra immediately broke out into tears," Ali, what's wrong?"

"He just left and I thought he'd come back cause he'll just go for a walk around the grounds but I can't seem to find him I called William and Charles but they both haven't seem, I just want him to tell me these things cause he keeps bubbling them in but instead he walks out the door and he hasn't been"

Maude advised Alessandra to calm down and try sleeping they'd go look for James the next day, but how Alessandra wishes she hadn't went out to look for him.

"Sir I know I called you yesterday but I'm really worried about him, do you have any idea where he might be?" Alessandra asked Charles who just shook his head no but it seems his timing was of as James followed by William walked down the stairwell.

"He's been here the whole night hasn't he?" Alessandra asked shaking her head in disbelief,"And you both knew about it right, I called both of you last night, worried about James you couldn't even end my suffering by telling me he was okay and with you, It's fine, I'm not going to marry someone who doesn't think of me and who's family can't even see that I'm suffering and try to end my suffering, all I wanted last night was to know that you're okay nothing more nothing less, I just wanted that little piece of information, I'm sure your father enjoyed hearing me suffer" Alessandra said wiping away her tears as she turned to running out the door.

"What's wrong?" Maude asked the moment she saw a teary eyed Alessandra,"You know Charles not liking me hits me hard but the fact that both he and William didn't have the decency to tell me that James was there last night, it hurts Maude, how much do they hate me the point where they enjoy seeing me suffer like that"

"Hey why don't you calm down, maybe he had just got there this morning, the both of you should talk about this"

"I'm not talking to him until he apologises for what he said and did" Alessandra said putting her seat belt on and looking ahead while Maude sighed and started the car.