𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭: 𝙒𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝

un·fair
/ˌənˈfer/

adjective

-not based on or behaving according to the principles of equality and justice.
-unkind, inconsiderate, or unreasonable.
-not following the rules of a game or sport.

-

Aelia Hart committed a foul crime, leading the leaders of the Arc to send her to the sky box until she is of age. Alone and cold, the girl learned to grow up without counting on anyone. Without feeling giddy and happiness, she did not want to live in this awful spaceship anymore. Ironically, the Ark was going to give her what she most wanted in this world. It was death. Aelia was not afraid to die and it was the reason why she murdered her attacker in the late of night that day. It was why she had her hands full of blood for the first time. It was why she sometimes get lost in her own head, remembering the sticky feeling of blood run down all the way to her arms because the guards who found her told her to put her hands up where they could see them.

It was funny, looking back to it. Aelia didn't remember anything but felt her hand had a mind of its own before slashing a man's throat. It didn't stop from there because he wanted to attack her out of impulse. Aelia didn't back down and kept stabbing him in the chest, the silver-y knife creating bloodshed to her clothes. She was far from innocent. To everyone, she was a killer. A psychopath who did not regret killing a man in cold blood.

Out of nowhere and about, Aelia heard her cell door open making her stop bouncing a small ball against the wall. She arched her eyebrow, glancing at the door to see about one or two guards telling her to get up. The ball dropped to the floor, rolling under her bed when she stands without complaining. It must be a regular check in again. They do this every once in a few hours- she didn't know there wasn't a clock anywhere near her.

"Prisoner 2-0-6, face the wall." The man orders and Aelia came face to face with the grey wall, crossing her arms and didn't object. "Hold out your right arm." He demands another request.

"For what?" She asks with a coldness in her tone, finally looking back at the guard who held some sort of bracelet. Then it dawned on her that it was her birthday in a few weeks, maybe they planned on killing her early. Huh, early present, eh? When the guard whips out his baton, she did what she was told hesitantly. Was this the feeling of fear? Fear of dying? Aelia was sure that she wanted to die... "Atleast answer my question for complying." She lightly inhales sharply when the slap of the bracelet wraps her wrist.

"Follow me." He says blankly, pushing open the door and walked out the door. Another guard stayed behind to make sure she follows and Aelia did.

When she was out of her cell, Aelia held her right wrist, gently massaging it while she looked around to see the rest of the prisoners getting pulled away without their consent. She held a confused frown, still walking her way and felt more kids her age join the line to wherever the guard was taking them.

Aelia heard low whispers behind her. How one kid says, "Is that Aelia Hart? The one who killed a guard off duty?" The boy asks and Aelia could tell it was out of curiosity and fear. The very thought of it made her smile, a hint of devil in her eyes in triumph.

But she would rather let them see her as a psychopath than see that she was drowning. And Aelia Hart did not know how to swim.

The next thing Aelia knew was the she was in some sort of smaller ship with the rest of the prisoners. She was ordered to buckle on a seat, about to defy but was threatened to get shocked so she sat down. Aelia sighs, closing her eyes and leaned the back of her head against the seat. Her heart was racing, wondering what the hell could be happening now.