𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰: 𝙐𝙣𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝

un·leash
/ˌənˈlēSH/

verb

-release from a leash or restraint.
-cause (a strong or violent force) to be released or become unrestrained.

-

Aelia had vague memories of the man who fed her when she was a kid. She didn't consider him as family but only a stranger who fed her and suddenly died on her. And she never knew his name. Just a face imprinted in her memories until she grew up, the face suddenly becomes blurry. It was all gone when she matured, all by herself. And she didn't really care if she forgets. Call it as a part of her evil, lonely and murderous heart. The reason why she chose hart as her last name was because she never had one in the first place. The same reason that she never had a last name to remember in the beginning. Everyone left her with nothing.

It was just so sudden that Monty was also distracting himself and tried to fix or build a way to contact the Ark when Aelia founds him. And normally, Aelia prefers to he alone but she saw the despair in his figure when he looks up to see who opened the latch to this room. Monty Green disliked rumors. He never believed any of the one's he's heard unless someone confirms them. But it didn't stop him from being wary of Aelia's presence.

"I prefer to work alone." Monty says, turning back to his wiring and controls but he read it all wrong. Maybe right, Aelia couldn't tell. But his words didn't stop him from walking towards Monty.

"So do I." She sighs, sitting next to him. Monty didn't move away nor seemed like he was uncomfortable with her presence. Actually, he liked meeting new people. Just not people who were in for murder. But he didn't know the whole story. "Look, I just want to find a way to contact the Ark. Same as you."

"Why? They'll arrest you the moment they step foot here." He jabs and unintentionally hitting a nerve. Monty looks at her to see her reaction but she just shrugs lightly, grabbing a broken bracelt from the ground near him.

"I... Let's say I have a person I care about up there. I don't want her to die of lack of oxygen." She genuinely states, eyes softens while studying the dead bracelet.

Monty lowers his guard down, recognizing that look on Aelia's face. It was desperation to turn things around. He hands her a tool, "Monty Green." He introduces himself and Aelia took the screwdriver on his hand.

"Aelia Hart." She nods once, relieved to know there was atleast one person who won't look her like she was going to kill them. It was annoying, really. Aelia clears her throat, eyes piercing the small screws and dead lights. "I take it you also have someone you love up there?" He gestures to his wristband which was perfectly intact.

"Yeah. My mom and dad." He says with a warm smile, picturing his parents in the same room as he is again. The bright look on Monty's face made Aelia smile lowly, shaking her head while she investigates the wristband carefully. "Why'd you take yours off if you have someone you care about in the Ark?"

Aelia contemplates, "When I took it off, I didn't know the Ark was dying." She explains shortly, extremely guilty to have a hand of the destruction in the Ark. If she knew, she would have never agreed and shown Bellamy how to take this bracelets off. "Look, we need to figure out a way to turn this back on." She says, gesturing to the wristband. "Or atleast take a functioning one."

"Yeah, I know. There aren't exactly anyone who's willing to help contact the Ark." He replies but didn't lose hope. "I'd do mine but..." Monty struggles to find the right words because he felt that he was selfish. He didn't want to take the risk of his wristband dying on him. Letting his parents believe he died down here.

"Monty, it's fine." Aelia says, snapping the boy back from reality from her voice. "We'll make do with what we have. I can even threaten someone to help if that's what it takes." She joked but somehow to her, it wasn't an innocent joke.