𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬: 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚

tense
/tens/

—(especially of a muscle or someone's body) stretched tight or rigid.
—become tense, typically through anxiety or nervousness.

     The storm was irritating. To not only just Aelia, but to the rest of the hundred as well who struggled to get on the dropship to seek shelter from the rain. The wind was harsh, could almost pull someone away if they were light enough, thunder kept brewing loudly that would make Aelia flinch whenever it would occur. She tried her best to focus on fixing that radio that would help save Finn Collins. But her opinion was let him die so—

"Raven!" Aelia calls loudly again, snapping the girl out of it. "The frequency is correct— you're wrong. The signal is just hazy." She says and kept turning the knob to get a clearer static maybe. If it ever works, that is. Raven implied that they must have the wrong frequency since they haven't gotten a response yet.

"Then why the hell isn't anyone talking?" Raven complains, breathing profusely and continued to call out for the Ark. "Ark Station, is anyone there? This is Raven Reyes calling from the Ground— Please respond."

Aelia sighs, running her fingers through her wet hair from the storm. She only just came back to get important things in her tent that must be blown away now that she's here. To what end? The rain is harsh and there is nobody answering hers and Raven's calls for help. Might as well shoot themselves now if the dropship won't be in pieces any time soon.

Despite her impatience, Aelia looks behind her and the rest of the people were either soaked or pissed because of the tornado above their heads. Her eyes travelled to Clarke who was assisting a pale Finn, laying on a table and had a knife on his side. It happened a few hours ago with a Grounder who attacked him, and who also kidnapped Octavia Blake from what Aelia gathered. Actually, she overheard it from the kids behind her.

"Damn it, damn it." Raven mutters under her breath, shaking her head and slams her palm on the table in front of them. Loud noises made Aelia uncomfortable and tense that made her slightly flinch. It was always a terrible habit of hers. Being scared of a simple noise. She hated it.

"Stop it." Aelia warns, "Spiraling down isn't going to get the radio to work or help Finn. It'll work just have a little faith." She can't help but say, holding her headset and pierced her eyes on the working box.

Raven looks at her and knew she was right. Heavily sighing, closing her eyes. "Calling Ark Station. Come in, Ark Station. This is Raven Reyes. Are you there? Please come in. Repeat, calling Ark Station. The Hundred are alive. Can anyone hear me?"

"This is a restricted channel. Who is this? Please identify yourself." It was static and blurry but it was very clear that it was someone responding. That made Raven relieved, smiling as her hope was worth it.

"I swear to god she identified herself a thousand times." Aelia sighs lowly, hanging her head down in frustration by the response. It was ridiculous. Raven said her name millions of times that even made Aelia sick of it. Raven nudged her side to shut up.

"This is Raven Reyes." She said again and Clarke rushed to them hearing it. "I'm from Mecha station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The Hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Dr. Abby Griffin. Dr. Abby Griffin. Now."

"Hang— on, Raven. We're trying to boost your sign—" Again, static and choppy. It was Sinclair who was doing everything he can to make sure that Raven's voice was clear. So they can hear her better with no interruptions.

"It's working?" Clarke asks with a smile, heart felt at ease. Raven didn't answer, too happy and just handed her a headset to listen to and moved aside to speak. Aelia pressed a button to let her freely say something, "Mom? Mom, it's me." She said when the first thing she heard was Abby.