𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰: 𝘽𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙛𝙖𝙧𝙚

sick·ness
/ˈsiknəs/

noun

—the state of being ill.
—the feeling or fact of being affected with nausea or vomiting.

     Her day couldn't get any better, can it? Aelia saw the Exodus ship crash miles away from their Camp. She can't help but think that Liv might be part of those people. Can't be, right? Just because her father was part of farming station, a reliable and very important asset to go to Earth, doesn't mean she tagged along in the first ride, right? Right? Olivia wasn't that privileged. She had to take the second ship that's going to Launch. There was still hope.

But it felt like to Aelia that hoping was getting her nowhere. Especially now that she realized the people she talked to, the people she considered "friends" and saved them expected the worse out of her. And when they would have to choose a side between her or someone else, she wouldn't be near the first choice because she was second best. Or third— probably last...

And— And Raven? The girl who Aelia confessed everything of her darkest secrets to? She ended up forgetting all about it because Aelia assaulted her boyfriend who was insulting her in the most terrible was as possible. But, hey. Aelia blamed herself for thinking Raven was different but was like everyone else. She should have trusted her instincts the first time around.

Aelia didn't go to explore the Exodus Ship and took fort in Camp. She didn't want credit nor attention so she told Jasper to take all of it to get eyes off her. Jasper was hesitant but ended up telling people he was the first one to see the Grounders and didn't hesitate to shoot them. Aelia was glad that she would have those people off her back and paid less attention now.

But the more bad news was, Murphy was back. Cheers to that. And also, he confessed everything to the Grounders about what he knows and how the Ark would function when they land here on the Ground again. In his perspective, it wasn't much but it was something.

"You did the wirings. Can you... Can you just check it out?" Raven asks for a favor to Aelia who was summoned here by the Mechanic. "No one's responding from the other side, maybe a bad wiring." She says hopefully, looking at her eyes to read some sort of emotion, hopefully.

"Have you checked different frequencies, static, the solar flares somehow blocking the signal?" Aelia continously asked, going behind the radio and focused on checking if there was any unplugged wire. She didn't hear Raven reply that made her look back at the girl who clears her throat.

"I've tried all of them. It's like they shut down from the other side." She informs hesitantly. Raven didn't know how Aelia would react to this or how she would take it.

Aelia stands up, shakily exhaled. "The wiring is perfect. Nothing wrong in our end." She informs and stands back by the side of the table. "I know what it means. They're either lost communication or... or dead. We don't have much luck to get the first one so... last one it is." Aelia was tired and sounded like she didn't care if the Ark was dead up there. She turns to leave already, had no business being here.

"Hold up, Lia." Raven took off her headset and stands up, stopping her from going. Aelia turns around, saying that she didn't have all day to talk to a useless topic. The Ark is dead and they need to move on. Plain simple to say but difficult to do. "I'm sorry. For not backing you up that day. And for... Olivia up there." She says genuinely. Aelia could only part her lips, had no sense to feel anything right now. It was like she was numb.

"I'm sorry too. You know, I was actually dumb enough to believe anyone would believe me when I say my side of the story." Aelia shortly chuckles dryly, looking at her a last time. "Guess there's no one you can really trust here but yourself." She turns around and didn't get Raven to speak again when she exited the small spaced tent. But as she was walking across to get somewhere quiet, someone grabs her bare wrist that made her stop.