𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮: 𝙇𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚

lone·li·ness
/ˈlōnlēnəs/

noun

-sadness because one has no friends or company.
-(of a place) the quality of being unfrequented and remote; isolation.

-

The run down of being in Earth processed in Aelia's head when she was alone, breathing fresh air and finally having a moment of clarity. She walked a mile away from the drop ship, knowing she was far enough when the voices of people had faded. She was obsessed with technical objects when she was a kid. Always messing with the monitors when the guard wasn't looking, getting herself a little electrocuted when she accidentally nicked a wire badly. But there were no whirls of technology down on the ground. It was better than it.

"Far away from the ship." Sam calls, followed her because he was worried she would disappear in less than a day. That moment of clarity Aelia felt? It was gone when he spoke. "We need to head back before dawn." He advices.

Sam already calmed his heart down a few hours ago when he talked to his sister. He didn't know how to approach her and now he did. Much luck to Aelia who wanted him to stay as far away as possible.

"Look- what's your name?" She asks before she can drive him away. When Sam tells her, Aelia didn't seem amused like always. "Look, Sam, I don't care if you're my brother or you have a ridiculous explanation as to why our parents gave me up and raised you instead. I know the law when someone gives birth to twins. The parents chooses a child to raise and the other to abandon. I don't want family to have- so leave me alone."

Sam painfully exhales, swallowing the words straight in and forced himself to nod. But he wasn't going to give up, "They, er... think about you everyday. They love you-"

"-If they loved me, they would have fought for me." She cuts him off entirely, completely drained even when nature was in front of her. Aelia had a mean glare, looks like she could kill you. "Or the very least aborted the girl twin to end my suffering." She whispers loud enough for him to hear before walking past Sam, heading back to the dropship.

For the first time in a long while, Aelia's heart broke all over again just by thinking of her biological parents. Though she never had emotional one's to raise her, she hated everyone she met. But still, the choked up pain of having people who created you abandoned you resurfaced again. And Aelia blamed her twin brother who must be rubbing it on her face that he was the favorite one to raise. She hated it. This feeling- everything, in fact.

When she got back inside the drop ship, she luckily found herself a tent but didn't know how to even build one properly. Aelia thought that she'd just figure it out and hid it away somewhere in the dropship to assemble tonight. She cracked open a vent inside, slipping in the perfectly good tent so no one can steal.

Considering she has trust issues and paranoia for everyone out to get her, Aelia wasn't taking any chances before going back outside to be alone again. She was okay. You know, with being alone most of her life. But somewhere in her 17 year old of living in the Ark, she met a girl. And that girl made her feel genuine warmth. But Aelia knew she was never going to see her again, considering she was down here and she was up there. A whole world apart from seeing each other ever again.

"Hey." A voice brought her back to reality, Aelia looking besides her to see Bellamy pertained to her. "Seem pretty disappointed for a girl who took her first steps on the ground."

"What's it to you, Bellamy?" She questions in an arched eyebrow, not interested in having a conversation but had one anyways. Aelia heard his name from people alright. Just never had interest of knowing people unless she's forced to.