𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭: 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚

dep·ri·va·tion
/ˌdeprəˈvāSH(ə)n/

noun
—the damaging lack of material benefits considered to be basic necessities in a society.
—the lack or denial of something considered to be a necessity.
—the action of depriving someone of office, especially an ecclesiastical office.

It was eventful and difficult but, Clarke Griffin managed to save Finn's life. Even with such little knowledge, only a static radio connecting her and her doctor mom and a terrible storm above their heads. They managed to save a life important to her and to Raven. Even though Aelia was more than happy to watch him die, she was somewhat relief to see that relieved look on Raven's face once they knew he was going to be fine.

Different feeling but, Aelia yearned for that feeling years ago. Then she met Olivia, telling her it was okay to worry about other people even if they weren't close to you. In a way, Olivia Jensen saved Aelia Hart from completely losing her sanity.

"Raven... Ra— ven, can you copy?" Abby called again after the minutes of silence for Finn to recover. Raven shortly left her boyfriend's side, going to the radio to respond. Aelia backs away, letting her talk and pushed the button for her to do that.

"This is Raven, I copy."

"Is Aelia Sera Hart there?" She asks clearly and Aelia frowns, meeting Raven's eyes who looked puzzled the same as hers. Why would a Councilor ask for a lowly prisoner who murdered someone in the Ark. "Raven? I repeat, is Aelia Hart still alive?"

"Yeah... Yes, she's alive." Raven tells her, giving the mic to Aelia who moves back towards the desk, swallowing hard for a second. It was really shocking to know that someone from the Ark was asking for her. Aelia wondered if she should act dead down here before they knew she was even alive. In that way, they would never execute her for doing what she did up there. For defending herself, killing a guardsman.

Aelia subsided and knew it was too late since Raven tells Abby she was here. "This is Aelia Hart. I'm alive, how can I assist?" She asks with a hint of subtle sarcasm. Raven shakes her head with a smile on her face, looking away to hide it in a way but Aelia saw it. There was a small pause until another woman speaks.

"Hello? Aelia?" It was unfamiliar. The voice was too serious and mature for it to be Abby's. Raven even frowns, recognizing it in some way. Even thought she sounded exactly like Aelia but more older. "Can— Can you hear me?" Her tone was hopeful.

"Yes, I can. Who is this?" She asks. Raven whispers her a question, asking if she knows but Aelia shrugs, shaking her head. "Hello? Can you copy?" Aelia questions, didn't suspect anything unusual out of the woman. But she and Raven did hear a shudder of breath over the line. It was distinct but clear. Someone on the other line seemed nervous and tense. Too tense.

"My name's Elena Baek. I am Sam's mom— your... your mom." She informs, waiting for a response. Elena Baek looks up to Abby who was also waiting, giving her a supportive look that she can do this.

Aelia freezes, staring at the radio like she didn't want to believe the woman on the other line. Her heart was racing and her palm was sweating in nervousness. Everything fell hard on her, parting her lips slowly in an attempt to say something but she physically couldn't. She processed it to herself, it's her mom, this is real. The mom she wanted— she desperately tried to find was here talking to her on the other line. It wasn't face to face but it was something.

She felt the tears on her eyes build up, realizing she hasn't blinked since Elena introduced herself. Aelia shuts her mouth tightly, clasping it using her hand shakily. Raven waited patiently for her to say something, wanting to ask who's Sam and just processed the fact that she has a brother out there. Maybe in the Ark or down here, Raven wasn't sure. But the thing she was sure about was Aelia was slipping. Her reigns were falling and posture was different than what Raven thought of her.