𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯: 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠

cold·ness
/ˈkōldnəs/

noun

-the quality or condition of being of or at a low or relatively low temperature, especially when compared with the human body.
-the quality of lacking affection or warmth of feeling.

-

In the morning, Aelia felt her eyes still heavy and body drained of energy. But when she heard commotion outside her tent, she was too curious not to be unbothered this early morning. So she wore her jacket, crossing her arms and adjusted to the sunlight, seeing a crowd in the middle of the forest. Great, who'd be stupid enough to start another useless and man-ly brute of a-

Oh, it was Wells and Murphy. Yeah, Aelia was definitely not surprised and was secretly rooting for Murphy even though she was wary of the boy. He was idotic and impulsive, when she gathered yesterday. Aelia Hart looks down under her sleeve, touching the point of her self made knife. She got it from scraps in the dropship and a rock. Fun to make so she made about 2 or 3 last night. Just to protect herself or if anyone pisses her off.

Like Sam who saw her in the midst of the crowd, not cheering and didn't care about the fight but only wanted to make amends with his twin. It's like he needed to know he was sorry. Honestly? He didn't know why he was sorry but just needed to say it to her. Quite difficult when Aelia won't even look at her. Sam couldn't read her and that somehow wanted him to keep going. Because everyone needs family. Aelia says she doesn't but it was a lie.

The girl fathomed for the moment when she would finally meet her mom and dad. That was 3 year old and starving Aelia. Now she looks back, a fiery pit in her stomach for ever believing that she was going to have parents in this life. She hated them, whatever their names was. She hasn't met them, didn't bother on getting to know them but she was still a little bit curious. Anyone who was in her situation would be. But no one knows Aelia Hart unlike herself.

That was it, right? Aelia had survived on her own. The only one she can trust is herself. She didn't need anyone... Sam begs to differ.

"Wells!" Clarke came back to the dropship, seeing her bestfriend holding a knife against Murphy's throat. Seeing her made Wells stop, "Let him go." The boy didn't object and pushed Murphy to the ground, legitimately letting her go.

"Hey." Bellamy holds aback an enraged Murphy to not create bloodshed. Shame, Aelia was just about to get popcorn. "Enough, Muprhy. Octavia, are you all right?" He turns to his sister, seeing she was injured in the leg. He helps her walk and stand on her own before noticing no one had food with them. "Where's the food?"

And by now, everyone was listening and curious with an empty stomach. Finn sits down tiredly, "We didn't make it to Mount Weather." He informs.

"We were attacked." Well, this turned more interesting. Aelia and the rest of the 100 listened in deep thought. If the rest of the world died to an apocalypse, who the hell would attack them?

"Attacked? By what?"

"Not what, who. Turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark... he wasn't the last grounder." Finn sums up more in explanation, suddenly remembered how Jasper was choking on his own blood earlier because a spear that struck his chest.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here. Survivors." Clarke announces and the teenagers were chatting amongst themselves, nervous and paranoid for people to kill them in their sleep all of a sudden. "The good news it that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us."

"Yeah, the bad news is the Grounders will." Finn lowly adds, not giving them a chance to calm down or process the whole information. It was the truth and why bother masking it with lies anyways?