𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲: 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙙

a·fraid
/əˈfrād/

adjective
-feeling fear or anxiety; frightened.
-unwilling or reluctant to do something for fear of the consequences.
-worried that something undesirable will occur or be done.

-

In the longest shot, Aelia wished that she won't have nightmares when she slept in her tent. That she wouldn't hear Christopher's yelps of pain, the sound of his body dropping on the metal floors while she watched him with blood smeared across her face. But this time was no different because she jolt awake in bed, panting heavily when she woke up because the crowd outside her tent was unusually loud at this hour.

She didn't take the time to put on her jacket but went outside immediately, everyone was looking at the sky with doe eyes. Aelia squints and saw some sort of dropship come from above, deployed a parachute to safely land without exploding itself. "They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some Grounder ass." Someone exclaimed excitedly, influencing everyone to be happy about this.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo."

Aelia drowned the voices out and went back inside her tent, wearing her clothes normally and needed to see what it was or who dropped here. Odds were, she and the rest of the prisoners sent here could get detained. Hell, her crimes were severe. Murder. And she didn't want to sit back and wait until she gets a lifetime in prison. No way.

For the past couple of days has been rough for all of them. Important part was, Murphy was long gone for the crimes of wanting a little girl dead because he was framed for her crimes. Everyone thought he killed Wells Jaha who was found just outside the walls. But they were wrong when Charlotte confessed to everyone that she did it. Aelia deemed it unfair that Murphy was hung on a rope when he was innocent but it was also not fair when he wanted to kill Charlotte. Gosh, everything down her was not fair at all, was it?

Her quest to try and build a radio to contact the Ark kept going with the help of Monty Green. But they kept getting in a dead end sometimes but wouldn't give up. Aelia needed this to work so Olivia won't die. She won't allow it.

Bellamy's orders were final. No one leaves Camp until first light. It was a strict order and had his guys spread the word so they won't get lost. But as Aelia was about to sneak out the camp on her own, she spots Bellamy slip out in the south rear exit by himself with his gear alone. Really? No one leaves? Such a liar, Aelia thought before gathering her needed stuff outside and left.

While she followed the way to the cargo ship, the smoke made it easier for her, her thoughts were dark and if anyone can read her mind, they'd be traumatized. Aelia's right hand grips on the sling of her self made pack, wasn't afaid of the dark. But as she kept her journey going alone, like always, she thought of a random memory that happens to pop up in her head on her mission.

"Hey, focus, Lia." Olivia snaps her fingers in front of the girl who dazes off to her imagination. Aelia looks up from the chessboard, completely lost on what their last topic of conversation was. "Aw, thanks. I knew you'd understand that I assaulted a guard and now have to get floated."

"Excuse me?" Aelia asks in slight shock, their conversation turning to a much darker road. But Olivia chuckles at her reaction, knowing it was just a joke before making her move on the chess game they were playing. To add more details, Aelia was losing. "Don't joke about that. It's 8 in the morning." She complains, not amused by the sarcasm and joke which was uncalled.

"8 in the morning and about to kick your ass for the second time." Olivia retorted, the color she chose was winning and Aelia was sadly losing. Her eyes scanned the Hart's expression, she was tired. "Okay, pause, what's wrong with you?"