𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟱: 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧

be·tray
/bəˈtrā/

verb

—expose (one's country, a group, or a person) to danger by treacherously giving information to an enemy.
—unintentionally reveal; be evidence of.

     Fire. Their whole food for the next few weeks were on literal fire. The smoke was so bad that it made Aelia cough, infiltrating her lungs roughly. That was saying something because she was tasked on the South of their walls, a rifle in her hand while eyes piercing on the woods in front of her. She was filling for Sam who caught a cold, peacefully resting in his shared tent.

Though Aelia did mind, hoping she would kill time on monitoring the radio. But Bellamy and Clarke told her it was no use and to just guard the walls. The two of them painfully accepted the truth about the Ark might be dead up there since the Radio has been silence for three days now. No more than two. Bellamy didn't want Aelia to get false hope but it seemed like she already did. Aelia was sick in her head for hoping even when she promised herself to expect the worse out of everything.

Her saving Raven that day... It didn't change the fact that she was still angry. Aelia might have been the one who went through hell to run on that bridge but it didn't change the fact that she was still pissed about their differences. Even when Finn apologizes, Aelia was still stubborn herself to not accept it.

"Each group take someone with a gun. But they're for killing Grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo. Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can and be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark." Bellamy orders loudly as many were already leaving. After the fire incident, they needed to hunt even when the Grounders might be out there waiting for them. He approached Aelia who was speculating with their dead radio. Bellamy sighed heavily, "You gonna come with me?"

"No, I'm good." She replies, still having the buzzing frequency in the Air. Bellamy glances at Monty who shrugged lightly. Aelia has been here after her shift on the walls earlier.

"Hey." He called firmly making Aelia look up at him. "Don't get your hopes up too much. Do something else to spare your time."

Something else? Well, obviously, Aelia couldn't bring herself to go build more bullets for their rifles since Raven had that covered. It was ridiculous but Aelia avoided her for the wrong reason. That she was slowly having a soft spot for the Mechanic. Not because she was angry of their spat— maybe a little but, who cares? Aelia felt something towards her. Something similar to the feeling she has with Olivia. It wasn't good.

"She's the family I have left." Aelia lowly tells him, pertaining to Olivia without saying a name. Bellamy understood her place and didn't say anything to anger or upset her further. It was why he didn't order her to guard the walls or to make her come with him. "Go. Bring food on your way back home."

"Yes, ma'am." Bellamy smiles slightly to make her feel at ease and it did. Once he turned around and left, Aelia shakes her head and lightly smiled.

The smile faded quickly than it appeared. Aelia returned to the fold of the bittersweet truth. That the Ark has been radio silence for many days now and should have heard from them sooner. Her heart slightly ached, clutching the necklace hanging loosely around her neck. The one she found on that Bunker. She didn't know why she kept it around but she did. Sentimental but who cares.

Aelia sighs, face full of disappointment because of this radio in front of her. The thought of threatening the machine to make it speak occured on her mind. It was the crazy part of her that was talking. Don't mind it as such.

From slight afar, Raven could clearly read her well enough to know what she was going through. She was still a bit confused of the Hart. She saved her from imploding death, why was Aelia still hostile around her? Raven tried talking to her but all she got was 'leave me alone' before walking away, leaving cold aura behind. It was frustrating but... Raven knew where she was coming from.