𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟯: 𝘼 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙤𝙨

cel·e·brate
/ˈseləˌbrāt/

verb

—acknowledge (a significant or happy day or event) with a social gathering or enjoyable activity.
—perform (a religious ceremony) publicly and duly, in particular officiate at (the Eucharist).

     "My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year we mark the moment our ancestors of the 12 stations joined to form the Ark... But this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year... On the Ground." Thelonius Jaha was giving his anual speech everytime it was Unity Day. In front of his people and the people on the Ground using via monitor that Raven set up outside for all of them to see.

"Right. After we did all the work." Miller looks around him to his crowd who was watching, few agreed and it was the truth anyways. "Someone shut him up." He tells, a sadistic smile on his face.

"You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch." Raven calls him out and the boy didn't speak no longer, even respected her out of it even though they haven't properly met. Aelia shakes her head in a low smile, listening the video from afar on her own.

"For 97 years, we have eked out an existence... hoping that someday our descendants will return to Earth..."

The speech kept going, Aelia listened to it nonetheless. Even though she didn't admire the idea of celebrating this every once a year, it was only fun because she gets to have a day without school. That was the part that made it better than celebrating a day where all 12 stations unite. She honestly didn't know the point of it but didn't bother on understanding.

"Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again!" Jasper steps out, holding a container filled with probably alcohol that caught Aelia's attention. Though it might be a good idea to celebrate if it involved alcoholic beverages. She didn't care what kind, she wanted to get drunk. "I call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty?!" He offers to everyone who gathered around him.

Maybe later, Aelia would get a drink. It's too crowded. Before she could even say or walk away, Sam walked up behind her and slung his arm around her shoulder. "Happy birthday. Is it too soon for me to be this close?" He asks and Aelia nods, patting his arm making him back away.

Oh, yes. It's her birthday today. Aelia was now a legal adult, 18 years of age, 18 years old. Today was going to be the day when she dies if the Chancellor didn't send them to the Ground. She'd normally celebrate on her own but ever since she met Liv, the girl would never let her be alone on this special day. A coincidence, huh? She was born on Unity Day. Very ironic and funny.

"Happy birthday as well." Aelia greets with a simple smile spread across her face. "Normally we'd exchange gifts but I have no other idea to give you rather than a warm jacket I found somewhere. It's in your tent, you'll see it." She informs.

"Thank you. I'll make sure to check it out when I go back to my tent. For now, here." Sam hands her a self made metallic ring. Though it wasn't much but he figured he couldn't not get something for his sister. "It isn't much but it is something, right?" Aelia took it, studying it for a second before slipping it on her pointer finger.

"Jewelry. I know you mean well but I don't think you'll see me wearing this any time soon. Hurts my finger when I punch someone." She sent him an apologetically look before dropping her hand to her side.

"Who are we punching?" Raven joins them, had an agenda but can't help but overhear Aelia's sentence at the last minute. She looked between the siblings, wondering why Sam looked ecstatic than usual this day. Must be Unity Day.

"Sam. If he doesn't leave in the next 5 seconds." Aelia gave him a look to leave but the boy grew confused, hesitating to leave and thought that she must be joking. "4 3 2..." She counted down and Sam was already gone before he could say to Raven that it was her birthday. "Unity Day. He's acting up like everyone else." She excused.