𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲: 𝘼 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 (?)

tease
/tēz/

Verb

—make fun of or attempt to provoke (a person or animal) in a playful way.
—gently pull or comb (tangled wool, hair, etc.) into separate strands.

     Even when Aelia did her best to plant the bombs in the right sections, had a rifle slung on her shoulder while she dug the dirt safely above the mine, she couldn't take her mind off of what happened between her and Raven today. It was still dark and every single one of them were awake to either guard the walls or to help enforce the traps they set. Courtesy of Jasper for making gunpowder and for Raven to build the land mine.

Bellamy even tore Sam from his bed. Sick or not, they all need to help. No special treatment for anyone. Not even Octavia.

Aelia slightly gazes to her side, standing up and fixing the gun on her side and caught Raven's eyes momentarily. They looked at each other for a good second, probably even more if it wasn't for a gunshot that suddenly echoed in the atmospher. The suddenness made Aelia flinch violently, holding her right ear. She could have sworn she went deaf before her sense of hearing came back.

It made her irritated and annoyed. If that gun wasn't fired for a right reason, she can punch someone. "What the hell's the matter with you?!" Bellamy asked angrily, walking towards the guy who accidentally pulled the trigger and alarmed them for no reason.

"I'm sorry, man— I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." The boy explains quickly. He had the scare of his lifetime when he dozed off for a second and fired the rifle without his knowledge.

"We've all been on watch all day!" Bellamy yells, grabbing his shirt and tugging violently. "That bullet was one less dead Grounder." His actions scared the people who was watching, stopped what they were doing to see what Bellamy was screaming about. Aelia exhaled heavily, cracking a joint in her hand freely in stress.

"Bell," Octavia calls, "You're scaring people." She points out the obvious.

"They should be scared." He retorts breathlessly before looking back at the people. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that tume is up. The Grounders are out there right now... Waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do. Clarke, Finn and Monty are gone. Probably dead. And if you wanna be next, I can't stop you. But no guns are leaving this camp. This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" Aelia saw through him. Bellamy was also scared just like all of them. "Get back to work!" He orders before leaving, preferably to do something better than give speeches.

Aelia took a few mines from Jasper to plant, walking a bit further away from the crowd before stopping on a few empty spaces. "Wait!" She raises her voice, saw Sam about to hit a trigger if it wasn't for Aelia stopping him. "Hold it by the side carefully. Never the top— Are you going to get us killed?"

"Okay, I'm sorry." He says, being careful and wary now. Sam's expertise wasn't weapons or technical stuff. He always loved exploring the studies of what nobody had interest on studying. Living on Space, you would think you won't need to study about the basics of survival. But Sam did and learned how to make a fire using a rock and a twig. How to clean water using the fire for a person to safely drink. Bombs and Mines wasn't his taste. It was for his twin though. "Did you always like building mechanical weapons?"

"Well, I was alone most of the time and needed protection." She says sarcastically before using her shoes to cover up the land mine. "Ofcourse I don't. I never knew how to split bullets until a few days ago."

"Mechanic. You get to build things that can benefit our people. Do you know how helpful that sounds, Aelia?" Sam asks, hanging his arms on his knees while he crouches down. Aelia pauses for a second before continuing her task. "You know, dad's a farmer and mom's part of the council. She's an engineer."