Part 40

-2 months later-
"Tom, have you seen Elliot's changing bag?" I called up the stairs.
"Should be by the front door love" he replied.
"I thought that but it's not"
"Not sure then"
"Mum, Tessa has the changing back in the garden" Freddie shouting from the kitchen.
I sped walked to the garden doors and my eyes widened.
"Tessa!" I scolded.
She had the changing bag in her mouth, shaking it about, the contents all over the grass.
"Tessa get here now!" I heard Tom shout behind me. I jumped, not hearing him come downstairs.

It was such a lovely day, we had decided to go the beach to spend some time together as a family. The last 2 months had been busy.

Since restrictions were lifted a little, everyone has been over to see us and to see Elliot too. I love it, but sometimes, with a new baby, you wanted to get into a routine.

Most days, Nikki, Dom and the boys were round, making up for lost time and when they weren't round, Haz, Eva and the kids, Lottie, Ben and Christopher, Jamie, Amelia and the girls were round. It was nice to see them but today I just wanted to spend the day with Tom and the kids.

"Tessa, seriously" I groaned as I walked around the garden picking up nappies and spare bottles. Luckily it was dry outside, but the bottles were going to need to be sterilised.

I was breastfeeding and bottle feeding Elliot. This helped so then Tom could do some of the night times feeds so I can get some sleep. Elliot doesn't sleep well. He likes to stay up to god knows what time, crying. He has been the noisiest out of all our children.

I had just put the bottles in the sterilisier when I felt little hands wrap around my legs.
"Hello Nanny's handsome boy" I cooed at Jack.
He unwrapped his arms and held them up. This is what he always did when he wanted to be picked up.
I bent down and sat him on my hip.
"Are you ready for the beach?"
He just smiled his most gorgeous smile.
"He most certainly is but he needs to put his shoes on" Elodie said while coming to tickle Jack.
His giggle was infectious. Children's giggle were always the best.
"Mummmm" I heard Liv shout.
"Yes darling?"
Elodie had taken Jack to put his shoes on.
"Dad said where is Elliot's swimming trunks?"
"In his second draw down" I shouted back.
"Dad they are where I said there were!" I heard Liv shout to Tom.
I couldn't help but laugh.

Liv was going through a stage of being cheeky and having a huge attitude. The other day she talked back and I was so shocked as she has never done that before. Elodie and Freddie use to but Olivia, never.

"Liv talk to me like that and you won't be going" Tom shouted coming down the stairs.
"Tom, leave her be" I said hugging him.
"Not sure where she gets it from" he laughed.
"I get it from Mum. You should know this" Liv said from behind us, rolling her eyes.
"You are not wrong"
Now it was Tom's turn to roll his eyes.
"Hurry up and get ready else I will leave you here" he laughed.
"I am ready"
"So am I" Freddie said.
"Us too!" Elodie said as she came down with Jack, Elliot and Frank following her.
"Right, shall we get going?" I beamed.
"Yes" everyone screamed.
I smiled.
"Well let's go then!" Tom smiled while opening the door.