Part 1

Never did I think I would be becoming a grandmother at 36. Well, never did I think I would become a mum at 18. But there I am, 18 years later, holding my first borns hand while she gives birth.

"Come on Elodie. You are nearly there. You are doing amazingly!". "Mum, I can't do it, it hurts too much" she cried. I hated seeing her in pain but I knew it would all be over soon. I had been through it 3 times. "I know it hurts but I promise you, the pain will be over soon and you will have your beautiful child in your arms" I said, while holding her head so she could push. "Elodie, we just need you to push once more" Nurse Becky said. Elodie looked at me. I smiled. Then she pushed as hard as she could. "Keep going, keep going, keep going" Becky shouted. Suddenly, we heard crying. "Its a boy!" Becky smiled. Elodie and I both began crying uncontrollably. I bent down and hugged. "Would grandma like to cut the cord?" Becky asked. "Nanny" I corrected her, still sobbing. I looked at Elodie for conformation. She nodded. I took the scissors and cut my grandsons cord. Becky took him away to weigh him and clean him up before they gave him to Elodie.

"Mum, where are they taking him?" Elodie asked worriedly. "It's okay darling, they have to check him over but he his fine. He's crying so he is okay". I stoked her hair while she watched them. Becky brought him over and Elodie was eager to hold him. "Here's your mummy" Becky cooed to him, while handing him to Elodie. "Hello gorgeous boy" she cried. "Have we got a name?". Elodie nodded. "Jack Thomas Holland".