Part 23

Your POV:
"After 14 years, she finally answered?" Tom asked. I nodded my head. I was still in his embrace.

When things went wrong, Tom would always hug me and wouldn't let me go until he knew I was okay. I liked it. It was warm and comforting and safe.

"Wow. Okay. Um, what happened?" He asked. "She said that she would FaceTime tomorrow and explain everything" I said pulling away. Tom pulled me back into him. "Tommm I need to get dinner ready" I laughed. "We will get a takeaway. Anyway what else did your Mum say?" He said, kissing my forehead. "Nothing else. Just she will explain tomorrow". I then continued, "Do I tell Haz and Lottie?". "I should. They should be there".

-The Next Day-
"Are you okay? You sounded worried on the phone" Lottie asked me.

Haz, Lottie and I were sat in the garden. It was sad because we couldn't give each other a hug as we all lived in different households. Fucking virus.

First my accident, now the virus! When was it going to end!

"Right okay so last night, Fred and I had a little disagreement and out of anger, he said to me no wonder why grandma left". I stopped to look at their expressions. It was a mixture between mortified and shock.

You see Freddie would never say anything like this, so it was a complete and utter shock when it came out of his mouth.

I quickly went on, "but it's sorted now so all good. But I went for a walk and well I starting thinking and then blaming myself for Mum leaving and I had to know why. So I um...um...I'm not sure how to put this". I stuttered. "It's okay Y/n, you can tell us" Lottie said. Has nodded. "Well I tried ringing Mum and well" I stopped to take a breath, to calm my nerves and to prepare myself for their reaction. "She answered". "She what!" They both exclaimed in unison.

Haz had his jaw clenched shut with anger and Lottie was on the verge of tears. "She answered" I repeated quietly. And she's going to FaceTime in a minute to tell us why she left".