Part 17

Elodie's POV:
"Um hi Frank" I stuttered. It was a shock to see him. Today of all days.

"Hi El. Um I can't stop, I'm on the way out for a meal with my Dad. But I wanted to drop this round to you" he said, extending his arm to me.

In his hand was a pink bag with a bow on it. I slowly took it. "What is it?" I asked curiously. "Well I wasn't apart of Jack's life for the best part of 3 months and I know you are all trying to trust me again. Considering after what happened in the mall". Frank stopped talking and looked at Freddie. If Freddie's look could kill.

Frank gulped and continued, "So I wanted to buy something for you, from Jack, for Father's Day, considering you have been his Mum and Dad". I looked at him and could feel my eyes starting to well. "Well open it!" He said awkwardly. I laughed a little and opened the bag.

There was a Moonpig card which read "Happy Fathers Day Mummy" and cute photos of Jack and I together as well as Jack on his own. I realised that these were the photos I sent to Frank when he didn't want to know.

I then set the card down and pulled out the present. It was in a H.Samuels box. H.Samuels! They cost a fortune!

I opened it and inside was a beautiful necklace with a heart shaped pendant with the words "Best Mummy" carved onto it. The tears flowed. There was no stopping them.

"Oh Frank. This is beautiful" I cried. "You deserve it. Jack is lucky to have you as his Mum and a beautiful family to support him too. Thank you for everything you have done for him and thank you for everything you continue to do for him. I promise you, from now own, I will be there every step of the way. I don't want to miss out on anymore of his life" Frank said.

He had moved closer to me and was holding my hands. My eyes looking at him. "But what about your parents?" I asked. "I don't care what they say. I love Jack. I love my son and I will do anything for him. I will do anything to protect you and your family too". His words came from his heart and I knew he meant them. I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you" I whispered. "You deserve the world Elodie for what you do for our son".

"Frank why don't you come round tomorrow and spend some time with Jack. You can stay for dinner too" Dad spoke. Frank looked at Dad. "I would love that! Only if it's okay with Elodie" he answered, looking at me. "Of course it is!" I smiled. "Right, I'll see you tomorrow then!" Frank beamed. "Come round anytime mate!" Dad said. "Thank you Mr Holland!". "Tom" Dad told him. "Thank you Tom. See you tomorrow!" Frank said then dashed out the door.

I looked at the necklace and realised how lucky I really am.