Part 11

Tom's POV:
"Come on please be okay please be okay". That's all I remembered saying when I carried Y/n out of the sea. I found her just by a rock. Every man and woman on the beach were helping.

The paramedics were there and they took y/n off me and rushed to the back of the ambulance. I saw Lottie and Eva with Elodie, Freddie, Olivia and Jack but how did they get here? The next thing I knew, I was being pulled into a hug by Haz and being taken to Y/n. "The kids" I stuttered out. "We will look after them Tom. Go with Y/n. We will follow behind". It sounded like Lottie's voice but I couldn't focus on who said it. I nodded and climbed in the back and held y/n hand. "Please be okay" I whispered.

It had been a week and y/n was still in hospital.

When we arrived, those 7 days ago, they rushed y/n straight in, me following behind. It was only then that I realised that I was only in my swimming trunks but I didn't care. A kind Nurse took me to the family room and another doctor came and gave me his clothes to wear. "Thank you" I muttered.

They managed to get the water out of y/n lungs but she wasn't out of the woods yet.

As she went under, the current pulled her harshly and she hit the bottom of her back on some rocks. Quite badly. This resulted in the feeling in her legs being numb. In other words, she couldn't feel them. If only I had got there quicker.

"Baby the physio is going to help you okay?" I told her. "He is going to help you to walk again". All y/n did was hold my hand and cry. It broke my heart.

The children visited everyday. Mum and Dad were staying with them.

"Are you going to be okay Mum?" Olivia asked Y/n one day. "Yeah. I just need help walking again" she answered. Liv nodded but began to cry. Freddie pulled her into a hug. "Mum's a fighter" he whispered.

Your POV:
I should have never laid back in the sea. It's all my fault that I can't feel my legs. Now I had to learn to walk on them again. It was frustrating and horrible. Putting my family though this. I had kept most of my emotions bottled up. I didn't want to bombard them with anymore worries.

"Good Morning Mrs Holland. Are you ready for your first physio session?" Doctor Paul asked. I nodded slowly.

When I wanted to get out of the room, I had to go in a wheelchair and be pushed around everywhere. It was embarrassing. Tom knew this so he would goof around to take the attention off me while pushing me. It brought a smile to my face and made me forget why I was in here. But only for a second. This is why I love him.

The paps found out quickly about what happened and it didn't take them long to figure out which hospital I was at. The security guards weren't having any of it and let my family come in through the back door so no one would see them. I was so grateful.

I told Tom to go home and spend time with the children today. I didn't want him to be here for my physio session. Hell, I didn't even tell him. I didn't want to disappoint him. So I kept it quiet.

I got into the wheelchair and was on my way to the physio room when Haz walked in. He saw me and walked over to me. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Come to see you doofus. Tom was getting agitated knowing you were on your own" he said. I nodded slowly. "Well I am fine. So go and be with your family" I spoke. "You are my family" he answered. "You know what I mean. Please Haz?" You pleaded. "Y/n I don't mean to speak out of place, but having someone there for this session, to support you, would help" Doctor Paul said. Haz looked at me quizzically. "Okay" I agreed.

We got into the room and Doctor Paul spoke. "I just need to get a few things. I will be back".

"This is your first physio session isn't it?" Haz asked. I didn't answer. "Y/n! Why didn't you tell any of us?". Haz's eyes were filled with sadness. "I didn't want anyone to know. I wanted to do it on my own". Those words came out harsher than expected. "Sis, everyone wants to support you during this. Now please answer me, why didn't you tell us?". "Because I don't want to disappoint anyone. What if I can't do it eh?". That was the final straw. All my emotions started spilling over.

I felt myself being pulled into a hug. "You are the strongest person I know. You will be able to do it. And if not, then we will still be there!" Haz said. "I know, but I don't want to put anymore stress on to you lot than I already have" I admitted. He pulled away. "You could never. We are worried about you because we love you. Now no more crying okay" he laughed trying to lighten the mood. I laughed too. "Now I won't tell Tom until I get home. But you've got to let me stay with you" he bargained. "Okay fine. Always so bossy". I whispered the last bit. "Hey I heard that" he laughed. "Haz, thank you". "We are always here for you sis".

Doctor Paul came back in. "Right are we ready?".