Twelfth

Classes had been going on like the usual for a few weeks now, and the boys had not been able to find any evidence regarding Hyunjae's affair. They had their fair share of doubts, and Kevin was pretty sure he saw him and Chanhee hanging out, but not much more than that. Today was Wednesday, day of another dance practice for the boys. They had to prepare for a dance competition that would take place next month, so they were going to be assigned duets. They were all sitting on the floor, next to each other, waiting for their names to be called. Sunwoo was the first one to be called, and paired with Changmin, making both boys ecstatic. They were really god friends, but barely had any occasions to work together. But then, the mood slowly drifted, when the instructor announced the two next pairings. Juyeon would work with Eric, and Hyunjae with Haknyeon. If Eric looked like he didn't mind that, Hyunjae was about to bust a nerve.

"So for this routine, you will all be working on a specific type of love, as depicted in the ancient Greece. Sunwoo, Changmin, you'll have to invent a routine based on Philia, the ideal love, a brotherly love, full of sacrifices, loyalty, and appreciation. You will have to portray a perfect communication, and please make sure to work also on facial expressions, but that goes for all of you." The instructor looked at his notes for a moment before looking back up. "Haknyeon and Hyunjae, your subject will be Agape. It's the most selfless type of love there is. It's about giving all you got, even if you don't know the person in front of you. And last but not least, Juyeon and Eric you'll be working on Eros, the most intense type of love." Hyunjae didn't look pleased at that, not at all. "Often seen as the dangerous kind of love because of the impulsivity and the lack of control over it. I want you to be passionate, to be in love. I wanted to see all of you guys outside of your comfort zones. You have a month to be prepared, and I'll be giving each duo a spare key to the studio, so you can come in any time you want to practice. That is, focus on your studies and don't overwork yourselves. We'll only keep doing practices with me on saturdays, so you can ask me, and we can work on your choreography together. With that said, you can go home, this is end of class for today!"

All six boys clapped as they got up, and went back to the dressing rooms to change. They all made small talk, whereas Hyunjae stayed a bit behind. He only nodded absentmindedly when they suggested to go and get some hotteoks and sit in a park so they could start to discuss their projects. Hyunjae wanted it all to end, he wanted this crippling jealousy to go away, he wanted things to be simple. He just wanted things to go back to what they were before, when Eric wasn't there, and when he didn't fall in love with Chanhee.