29th

The day of the competition came far too quickly for the boys opinion. They were all backstage, all dressed up with the gar they went to buy some months ago.

"I can't do it guys, I'm gonna mess up, I'm not ready!" Changmin said, scratching his arms.

"Stop speaking nonsense, you guys are absolutely amazing!" Eric tried to reassure them. "Don't bail now, you'll regret it."

"And what if we mess up? That happens alright, it's okay to not be perfect all the time." Sunwoo smiled softly at him. "We're still going to beat their asses even if we're just average."

The comment made Changmin smile, but Juyeon and Eric just groaned. Soon, their friends were called to be on stage. Eric and Juyeon stayed there, hand in hand, watching them go. They were amazing indeed, and it made Eric even more nervous for their performance. Sensing it, Juyeon ran his thumb over the back of his hand and kissed his temple.

"You'll be amazing love, we will be amazing. And like Sunwoo said, even if we don't win, then who cares. I just want us to have a blast, and the time of our lives." He turned around to face Eric and caressed his cheek softly. "It's probably a very cliché time to say it, but thank you Eric, for everything you've done for me. And I think I'm in love with you. I love you Youngjae."

Eric smiled up at the boy and planted a soft kiss on his lips, careful not to smudge their makeup. Soon, they were called on stage.

"I love you too Lee Juyeon, now let's go and smash this okay?"

And so they went, and they did. They gave their all in the performance, and heard gasps from the audience and judges during the more risqué parts. They smiled at each other, as this was the kind of vibe they were going for. Their choreography only lasted for 3 minutes, but they were so stressed that it felt like hours. When they finished, they were out of breath, sore, but definetely happy. They had to resist the urge to just kiss right now, and instead headed backstage again. They were welcomed by Changmin and Sunwoo, and most especially Changmin's screech as he jumped into Eric's arms.

"You guys did absolutely amazing!" Sunwoo beamed. "I sincerely hope you win."

"You were incredible as well." Juyeon congratulated. "I just want our studio to win honestly, you deserve it too, and the amount of work you put in was incredible."

"Well, Changmin did most of the choreography, I just took care of keeping the mood intact." Sunwoo said with a smile.

They heard the speakers make some noise, indicating that the host was about to speak. They all lined up, holding each other's hand as they waited for the results to come. They were sweaty, their hearts were beating faster than ever, and it felt like time was only getting longer and longer and longer and...

"Ji Changmin and Kim Sunwoo with Philia!"

Changmin's mouth went agape, and he felt like crying, while his friends and partner gathered for a hug. Soon, both boys went up on stage to go and get their prize.

"I'm sorry we didn't win Eric?" Juyeon's voice was weak and small.

"What? What are you sorry about, I don't care!" Eric assured. "And you said it earlier, we had the time of our lives. I don't care about that trophy Juyeon, we can win way more later!" He smiled and kissed his lips. "Let's go somewhere and celebrate, alright?"

Juyeon smiled and nodded. So they did that, they went home to take a shower and change, and then went to a bar to celebrate the fact that their studio won. To celebrate the fact that they were friends, and that nothing could stop them, ever.

-------

Finally, i'm putting an end to this story. I just want to thank you all for your investment in this. More than 2k reads on something I wrote, I never ever thought that would be possible. 

Thank you everyone, remember my dm's are open. 

And until I come back with another crappy story, always remember Eric loves you :)