[1-4] ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ similarities

❝︎love doesn't always have to mean attraction❞︎

Similarities
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Analise and Hermione both walked into transfiguration class. Hermione had her bushy hair down while Analise tied her short hair into a short ponytail. They walked side by side receiving occasional stares from pure-blood students that they chose to ignore.

McGonagall froze for a second watching Analise walk in with her head down, looking away once Analise looked up. For a moment, although they didn't look alike, she thought another ginger girl she taught years ago had walked in.

"The transfiguration professor is professor McGonagall, the same professor who led us yesterday. I told you she's the head of Gryffindor, right?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I remember," Analise sighed noticing Jovana sitting down at the very front with her hair tied in a low ponytail. "Jovana!" She quickly hurried down to sit next to her pulling an empty chair next to her for Hermione to sit.

"I think I'll sit somewhere else," Hermione furrowed her eyebrows walking towards the opposite end of the front row.

"What? Hermione—"

"It's fine," Jovana stopped Analise, "Gryffindors and Slytherins are never really meant to be friends. Neither are muggle-borns and pure-bloods. It's supposed to make me a 'blood traitor' because I'm talking to you right now."

"Oh, gosh," Analise furrowed her eyebrows, "so, in wizard theory, we're supposed to hate each other... But we don't, or at least I don't."

Jovana chuckled, "I don't either. That makes us unusual friends."

"I like that."

"Jovana, get over here," Draco called for her from the back of the class scowling as he saw Analise.

"I can't see well from there."

"Rubbish!"

"Students, good morning," McGonagall said standing up from her seat, "Now before we start, can anyone tell me what an animagus is?"

Hermione and Jovana's hands both shot up.

"Miss Granger?"

"An animagus, or animagi is a witch or wizard who could transform themselves into an animal and back at their own will," Hermione answered. "It's a hereditary ability that is quite hard to master."

"Miss Rosier?"

"It is a skill that is learned that often takes years. The goal is to make an animagus potion and drink it during a lightning storm," Jovana hesitantly answered.

"Excellent answer, Miss Rosier. 5 points to Slytherin."

The Slytherin students quietly cheered. Hermione's face turned red as she glared at the smiling Jovana and feeling annoyed. Even though it was a minor mistake she had made, it felt major to her followed by the desperation to prove herself again.