[1-9] ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ unspoken sacrifices

❝︎It won't regain its proper function❞︎

Unspoken Sacrifices · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Unspoken Sacrifices
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The sunlight shined directly into Analise's eyes amplifying its blue hue. She immediately looked away only to feel a sharp pain in her arm. She winced in pain to check out her arm seeing it was wrapped in multiple bandages. Her arm was in a secure cast yet the pain remained.

"You're awake," Madame Pomfrey said with a gentle smile. "Try not to move that arm, dear."

Analise used her free arm to lift herself up and sit up on the bed. She looked around seeing multiple empty beds, one right next to her having gift baskets of sweets in front of. No one else was in the hospital wing aside from Madame Pomfrey and Analise.

"What happened?" Analise asked.

"The keys that you were stabbed by, they were enchanted. Too much time had passed since your initial injury. This is the best we could do."

"...I don't understand."

"It seems your arm won't heal for years or maybe even ever. It won't regain its proper function."

Analise stared at her blankly, "I-I play Quidditch, Madame. I'm the youngest chaser in centuries. The youngest muggle-born chaser in... Ever."

"I'm sorry dear. I can only advise you to give Quidditch up."

"Give Quidditch up?" Analise felt something snap inside of her, "Do you know what Quidditch means to me? It's the only way to prove myself as an individual and not Harry Potter's friend. Give up Quidditch?... No, that just won't happen."

"It's not possible for you to play with your arm in such condition."

"Make it better," Analise felt her heart beat faster, "I thought there was nothing magic can't do. Make it better. Make it better. MAKE IT BETTER!"

Madame Pomfrey quickly pulled out a small potion filled with the calming drought. She poured the blue liquid into a vile and handed it to Analise.

Analise stared at the vile without a word and took it. As soon as she drank the liquid, her heartbeat returned to normal and the anger she felt calmed down.

"I'm so sorry, dear," Madame Pomfrey apologized again.

"I'm—" she paused, "...I'm fine."

"Ana?" Harry peeked inside the hospital wing meeting eyes with Analise, "Ana, you're awake!"

"There's a feast going on at the great hall. Change into your robes and join us," Madame Pomfrey smiled gently again leaving the hospital wing.

Harry walked towards her slowly already being informed about her arm. He sat down beside her bed though Analise didn't bother to look at him. She only stared at her fingers and had her hair cover her face.