[2-2] ೃ⁀➷ the meaning of trust

❝︎Don't you... Fear death?❞︎

The Meaning of Trust· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Jovana and Analise sat alone in a compartment with Dion changing into his robes in another and Hermione choosing not to sit with Jovana. It was oddly quiet inside the compartment and had been awkward between the two ever since Analise mentioned Voldemort's name. Jovana continued to smile at her but something felt off.

"We're arriving soon," Analise attempted to spark a conversation.

"Mm.." Jovana replied nodding with a faint smile. "You're not gonna go find Harry?"

"He probably thinks I'm Vol—" Analise stopped, "That I'm hiding something from him," Analise sighed resting her back on her seat in disappointment. "Do you want me to leave?"

"No— It's fine."

"What's going on?" Analise finally asked.

"Nothing's going on."

"Nothing? You've been acting distant ever since I said his name. You know..."

"Yes, I know." Jovana stayed quiet for a moment before speaking, "I've just been thinking how to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"...About Dion."

Analise paused then looked away not saying a word.

Jovana took in a big breath, "At the peak of the first Wizarding war, maybe a couple of days before the Potter's death, you-know-who came to our house," she began. "Blood purity means everything to him and he wanted all pure-blood families to join his side. When we refused, he couldn't kill us. It's quite rare to see an all pure-blood family."

"So he took Dion's voice in return," Analise said solemnly.

Jovana nodded, "he left my parents feeling at blame and incapable. For me... The burden of taking care of all three."

"I-I'm so sorry," Analise quickly apologized understanding why Jovana was sensitive to Voldemort's name.

"We've tried everything. I've searched every spell in books, every potion, but there's no counter spell."

"There's gotta be something. If there's a stone that can keep someone alive then—"

Analise stopped mid-sentence as Dion walked inside the compartment with a warm smile like always. Analise smiled back relaxing on her seat as he sat back down next to Jovana.