Doesn't Ever Last

(Vic's POV)

I swing Kellin and I's hands between the two of us as we walk up to my door. He spins me around and I laugh, telling him to stop though I didn't mind at all. Things were really good with us right now, there was this surreal feeling between me and him, well I thought so. We both looked horrible though, but it made it that much better if that mad sense.

Both of us had rat's nests for hair and smelled like coffee and our clothes were rumpled from sleeping in them. So how he was still the cutes thing ever? I most likely looked slightly homeless though, but he didn't seem to mind. We opened the door and walk in, still acting like little kids. He spun me again, humming some weird tune. I laugh and lead him further into the house.

"Are you two high?" I hear. Of course, it was Mike. He was sitting in the chair with one leg crossed over the other. The house reeked of weed, proof that Dad was at work, and now that I was more observant, it was really strong. "Are you?" I ask. Kellin was still clinging to me and it was hard not to grin as I spoke. Mike purses his lips and holds a hand out, tilting it from side to side. "Little bit actually." He smiles a little at me. We stand in a short silence before he talks again. "You both look homeless, just letting you know."

I roll my eyes and lead Kellin to my room, just wanting to snuggle the hell out of him. We both fall back on the bed, side by side, and our feet dangle from the edge of the bed. "That was..." I say with a small grin.

"How long were we gone?" He asks.

"I have no clue." I shrug, laughing at the idea. I look at him and he's laughing too, and pulls me closer to him. I lay my head on his chest and look at the material of his rumpled tee. I fiddle with it between my fingers. His hand rubs my back and it's rather relaxing. "Wow," he sighs quietly. I look up at him. "What?" I ask. He grins slightly and moves up to caress my hair. "It's like nothing happened at home. I'm not even...worried."

"Maybe we are high." I shrug. We both laugh and he kisses my nose. "Feels like it when I'm with you." He mumbled against my mouth. I roll my eyes and wrap my arms tighter around him, still blushing a little. "Seriously," Kellin says, looking at me with a convinced expression.

He couldn't be serious, I think, no-one could feel like that about me. I know he loves me, but that much? The feeling in my chest was insane. He runs circles on my hips and I melt into him, smiling peacefully. Jesus, is he even real? I didn't think perfect people could exist. I try to stop myself from thinking that; last time I was convinced he was perfect, bad things happened. It occurred to me that the past didn't matter but that didn't stop the little twinge of pain I felt in my chest.

"It's like...nothing else is happening anywhere. I may sound really crazy or really stupid but it's true, and I don't care." He rambles, pushing his knotty hair out of his face. I laugh a little and kiss his cheek. "No, you don't. You sound cute." Kellin shrugs and folds his arms around my waist, pulling me so I was laying on him. I put my head on his shoulder and sigh peacefully. How could someone be this content?

_______

(Kellin's POV)

After a much needed shower at Vic's house, I decided I should go home. I had left without telling anyone and if Mom did her usual routine of waking me for breakfast, she knew by now. I walk across the street and sit on the porch for a little with my dog, rubbing behind his ears and over the scar on his eye.

He licked my hand and I smiled, not caring about the slobber spreading around in between my fingers. I pat his side one more time and then stand, blocking the doorway with my leg until I could get in, then shut it behind me. "Kellin! Where the hell-- What the hell?" Mom rushes towards me. I hold my hands up, as if in surrender.

"Calm down." I mutter.

"Calm down? You were gone all night and all day! For all I know, you were out of the state," she scolds. I roll my eyes, kicking my shoes off. My feet ache from the events of the past few days but I didn't mention it. "Not quite." I comment. She starts asking all types of questions but I don't answer very thoroughly.

Dad comes in then, looking less worried and more angry. Great, I think, just what I need. After finishing my juice that I'd retrieved from the fridge, I go to the living room to watch some television. Dad had different ideas. He stood directly in front of the screen, making me grunt and try to see around him. "No, Kellin, you need to explain." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Fine, fine," I shake my head, putting my juice down. "I was angry. Me and Vic went for coffee. We drove around a little, then got more coffee and went to some shops and got food and more coffee, now here I am." I shrug as if it wasn't anything major. And maybe it wasn't, they were just overacting. Or maybe I was under-reacting. Hell, I didn't know, I wasn't a parent.

I wait for their responses. Dad looked indifferent and Mom shook her head. "Kellin, I don't know what to do with you anymore..." She says. I furrow my eyebrows. She was the one hugging me and crying when I told her, she said she knew I didn't choose it! She pretended to be understanding. A sick feeling took over me. And dad was the one stopping her from freaking out; were they both against me, really? "You told me you didn't care!" I say.

"That is not what I said!" She yelled in return.

"Stop it, both of you. No more screaming like kids. We know where that got us," he looks over at her. I shrink further into the couch and sigh. I didn't want to be around them at all. The only thing I wanted to do was go to my fucking room, but they wouldn't allow that. Plus I wanted Vic there, in my bed, telling me stuff would be okay.

I also wanted his pants off but that was the teenage boy in me. "Kellin, we know you think you are totally in love with...him, but, just hear me out. Couldn't you feel that way about someone else too?" I scowl and tilt my head, annoyed as hell with his words. "What about Kelly?"

"Dad, I hated her."

"Jenna?"

My face loses color. "What?" I ask. He shrugs and puts his hands in his pockets. "Jenna, blonde, accent. I thought you knew her." I shake my head and pull my legs up. That was scary, seeing as I hadn't thought about both of them in forever. That was a good thing without a doubt though. "Oh, well..." He sighs.

I shake my head and stand up, heading for the stairs despite Mom trying to talk me back to the couch. "Mom, Dad," I say, now fed up with everything. "I hope you're satisfied. As soon...I promise I'll leave right after high-school. You'll get your way." Dad runs his hand through his hair and my mom starts to say something, but I leave them there and go to my room instead.

And the frustration was back. I knew the peace wouldn't last.

_______

🎀 Hello, darlings 🎀

This is the last update for this weekend. Thank you for reading you're the real mvp's.
I love you all and I shall write whenever I can....

🔮Peace 🔮