Under The Tree

(Vic's POV)

Oh God. Oh God.

We sat under the tree, wind trailing through the branches and fluttering my hair. I sat with my back against the bark and Kellin sat sideways with his legs over my lap, his head on my shoulder. I would've felt so overwhelmed by it if it was a week or so ago. Now I'm trying to keep my mind blank. "I'm sorry." He says for the thousandth time. "It's okay." I say for the thousandth time. It was mostly quiet but I wanted to hear his voice, actually.

"How's Kelly?" I cough a little, feeling awkward for asking. But I still wanted to hear him speak. That voice, the voice that I searched for in every conversation, that I compared to everyone else's. "No more." He chuckles. I sit up straighter and furrow my brow; no more? "What do you mean?" I ask quietly. I feel his lips brush over my neck and it causes me to shiver. The wind blows my hair away from my face and I look down.

"I broke up wither her today." He looks up at me and grins. I purse my lips and grin, snickering a little. Kellin does the same, then lays his face in my shoulder. He was warm despite the wind, meanwhile I was shivering. "That's crazy," I shake my head a little. "Never expected that." Kellin wraps his arm around me and his fingers squeeze my side, bringing a warm feeling over me. "What did you expect?" He asks amusingly. I laugh a little and shrug, running my hand over his arm softly. "She just seemed like the type to be like, 'Oh, no, you're not allowed to break up with me.', I don't know."

He snickers and shakes his head against me, smiling slightly. "Even if she did, I'd still do it. It's finally over."

_____

(Kellin's POV)

Alan and Jaime lean in close, begging for details about what had happened between Kelly and I. "Honestly," I say, leaning back in my back slowly. "There isn't much to tell. I called. Told her. She cried. Hung up. That's literally about it." I shrug. "You called?" Alan tilts his head. I nod and cross my arms over my chest. "You hate the phone." Jaime says with furrowed eyebrows.

"I do but it was necessary." I say with a grin. They laugh and lean in again. "So she just..." Jaime mutters. I shake my head a little and tap my fingers on my arm. "Well, I called her because I didn't want to text it like a douche. She asked if I was serious and I said yeah, then she cried in my ear and I apologized and hung up." I explained for the second time. They make the ah noise and nod, seeming to get it now. I swear, my friends need help.

Kelly didn't come to school today, nor did a few others, so it was just us three at the table. It was so much more enjoyable like this, not so rowdy and annoying. And I already missed Vic.

_____

Alright so this is so short and like a filler so... I'm sorry ;-;