Lack of Communication

(Vic's POV)

I typed harshly on the keyboard, pissed with the work I was doing. I wasn't in the mood to do schoolwork today but I only had a few more lessons, so I let it slide. After about ten minutes longer, I take a short break, leaning back in the creaky office chair.

Subconsciously, I look at my phone and sigh when no new messages are seen. I wasn't really looking for anything, I guess it was just habit. I shake away the thoughts and stand, heading down to the kitchen for some lunch. Dad was in the living room, positioned in his chair, eyes trained on the floor.

"Good afternoon, son."

I glance at him, and with a sigh, reply to his statement. "Hi, Dad." I trail to the kitchen and open the fridge, bouncing on my heels as I look for food. Mom's protein shakes were still in the fridge and looking at them make my heart ache inside my chest. After grabbing the mayo and turkey, I slam the fridge shut and start making my sandwich, head feeling dizzy for a second.

"Are you going to make Mike one?" He asks.

I tilt my head, "Why would I do that?" I finish preparing the quick lunch and put the ingredients back in the cold fridge. Again, I look away from the Mom's drinks. They were all she was able to hold down when times got really bad, so we always kept them in the house. I wished someone would get rid of them now. I'd probably have to do it.

Dad doesn't answer, he lets me go back to the office without making me any more uncomfortable. Sad, huh? That just speaking to one another is as awkward as it is. We're family, father and son, and that isn't how it's supposed to go. I felt bad to for him in a way.

I sit at the desk and type away after I finish the quick sandwich, begging my mind to stay occupied. But of course, halfway through my English assignment, my thoughts wander to the place I was hoping it wouldn't, but then again I knew it would sometime today.

If Jenna and Kellin go to school together, who's to say this hasn't been going on for a long time?

What if they're making out or something right now?

Course they are, I think solemnly and somewhat angrily. I sigh and rake my hand through my hair, reluctantly going back to work. I knew I'd get over him. Maybe not all at once, but I knew I would, I had to. I knew from the start that this wouldn't last. Well, not that we were together, he'd made that perfectly clear at the café, but nonetheless, my mind hadn't fooled me.

Things never last. They always leave.

_____

(Kellin's POV)

Vic.

Vic.

Vic.

Jaime slaps his hand on my desk and I flinch, sitting up straighter. "Dude, are you going to do the prompt or not?" He asks, pointing to the board. I follow his finger and sure enough, Write a poem about something that makes you angry, was scrawled on the board.

I sigh and turn to him, shrugging. I didn't want to write. Which was strange, seeing as this was one of my favorite classes, but I just wasn't feeling it today.

Vic.

Vic.

Vic.

What's he doing? Is he okay? I wonder if he's still doing work, despite all that's happened. Knowing him, he was typing right now. He wasn't one to give up. He was a hard worker and knew what he wanted. Why didn't I?