Back to Normal

(Kellin's POV)

"Kellin, I think you need to talk to your dad." Mom says, nodding her head at me. I push my dinner around on my plate and sigh, feeling trapped. I didn't know what my dad would say but I didn't want to find out. It seemed like I had no choice though.

"Uh, yeah," I say, clearing my throat. I felt like he would be disappointed. Every dad had that image of their future son, I think. Where they're at football games together and discuss politics and sports and play catch. Me and my dad never did any of that and I felt distant. So, this news should be really fun to give.

"Well, the Fuentes'," I begin slowly, looking at my lap. I then glance at my mother for help. She purses her lips. "Their son, Vic. Kellin and him are best friends, as you know," she sighs. He nods slowly, furrowing his eyebrows. "I've calmed down and I'm trying to look past it, uh," she looks at her plate as well.

He nods again, tilting his head, expecting more. "Vic and Kellin...Vic...Vic and Kellin..." She tries and tries but nothing happens.

"I love him." I say quickly. His gaze shifts to me but nothing has changed. Maybe he didn't hear me correctly. "Yeah, I...I love Vic."

He raises an eyebrow and puts his fork down. "You," he says quietly. "Vic," he continues. I nod. "You love him, and he, Vic, loves you?"

"Correct." I mutter, blushing a little. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize, son, I don't think you can help it. I, um, just," he picked up his fork. "Didn't expect it."

That went better than planned.

_____

The next day, Vic was over again. Since both my parents knew, and he knew they knew, things were less tense when he was over. Of course, we didn't go downstairs at all, but it was better.

I was curled behind him, my arms wrapped tightly around him to hold him against me. We didn't even need covers, it was so warm between the two of us. The thought made me smile. "It's so warm." I yawn, digging my face deeper into his shoulder and sighing. "Agreed." He says, yawning right after.

"Are you busy this weekend?" I ask mindlessly.

"No." He shrugs. I pull him flush against me and kiss his ear a few times. "Do you want to stay then? Since things are a little better?" I was so anxious and keeping him against me all night and kissing him whenever I wanted and being alone with him in my room, like there wasn't an outside world, sounded amazing.

I found that to be true when I was with him.

It was like the rest of the world literally didn't exist. He held my attention without even trying to and it was overwhelming. The way I would notice all the little things and every thing he did was so adorable it hurt. Even his clumsiness made me buzz all over. It was like a high that I couldn't come down from. He made me feel high, every fucking time I was around him.

It was somewhat scary, how addicting he was.

"Sure." He says, running his hands over mine.

I smile and peck his cheek. I wanted to be closer to him but that wasn't even possible. It wasn't enough. No matter how close I got or how long we were around each other, it felt like I was still too far away. I don't know if people call this love or mentally unstable; I didn't care, I'd accept either title if it was for him.

"Sunshine," I mumble against his cheek. He hums in response. "I love you."

It occurs to me what I've said, that there wasn't a way to take it back. The strange thing was, I didn't want to. I wanted him to know. "You love me?" He asks quietly. I blush and smile slightly, kissing his ear lightly. "I do," I nudge my nose against his cheek affectionately.

"I really do." I add.

Lifting my head to look at him, I can see he's trying to stay awake. His mouth opens and he speaks. "And I you," he mutters, smiling a little. I grin back and turn his head to place a short kiss on his lips. That was adorable, I think. When we pull away, he shifts so he's laying with his chest against mine and face in my shirt, breathing shallow. "And I you."

_____

short update cause I have so much to do omg

I love you guys...I came back to so many votes and reads and I cried

anyway, have a wonderful weekend! ily babies

you guys are my cinnamon 's