Going Under

(Kellin's POV)

Everything seemed to be slowly going back to normal. I'm slowly going back to normal. I'm actually doing homework after school like I used to, and even singing in the shower. Currently I'm singing When September Ends by Green Day as the hot water pours over me, and there's even a small smile on my lips. Did breaking up with people usually feel this good? Or maybe it was the way I was curled up under the tree with Vic the night of the breakup, my face in his shoulder and my legs sprawled over his lap.

Which ever one it was that made me so happy like this, I was grateful. Plus it was only a couple months till Christmas, my favorite holiday. I thought about what I'd get the guys as I cut the water off. Oh God, I think then. What about Vic?

He could have me for Christmas, I think with a smirk. I shake my head and go to my room to change into pajamas and then lay down on the bed, letting a long sigh. Out of instinct, I look out my window to see if Vic has his curtains open. They were closed, so I checked my phone for a message from him. The smile that pulls at my lips is unreal, at just the sight of his name on my screen.

Hey...under the tree?

Sure thing. Let me dress :)

You don't have to

Shut up

You're right it is a little cold, ha

I grin and shake my head, standing to put clothes on. I slide on black jeans with rips all over and a black sweatshirt with the Wutang symbol on it. I throw a few bracelets on and my Toms. I bet he looks adorable. I smile slightly and grab my phone, then peek my head out of my door. Mom is cooking dinner like she always does at this time. I creep down the steps and head for the door. "Where are you going?" She says from the stove. Shit.

"Alan's, he needs help with something. That cool?"

"Be back before dinner." She mumbles. I shrug and shut the door behind me. I run across the yard, the wind whipping back my hair due to my own motion. The moon illuminates the sky as if to celebrate my escape from home, and to my Vic. After pulling back the limbs of the sad little tree, I lower myself next to him and smile. "Hello." I say.

He grins, "Hi," I wrap an arm around his shoulder and rub his arm. "How are you?" He asks. I shrug and smile a little over at him. "I'm okay." I say. I kick my shoes off and lay my head on his shoulder, then look out at the stars through the branches.

"Hey, let's do something." I say suddenly. He chuckles from beside me and pulls his knees up. "Like what?" He asks. I release him and stand, reaching my hand out to him. He sends me a questioning look but takes my pale hand anyway. As I lead him out from under the tree and towards the back of the yard, I hear him snickering behind me. "You're a strange one, Quinn."

I find a spot that I like and sit, then lay down, drumming my fingers over my stomach. "This is what you wanted to do?" He laughs a little. "You don't like looking up at the stars?" I ask in disbelief, glancing over at him. He shrugs and lays down next to me, following suit and crossing his ankles with his hands crossed over his abdomen with a sigh. I loved how he looked in the moonlight.

Every time I saw him in the moonlight, my legs went useless and my heart flopped around painfully. But I couldn't help it. His eyes glimmered and smile brightened. Everything intensified and staring at him was all I could do. "Don't stare at me," he laughed. I shrugged and turned on my side to see him better. "Stop." He covered his face.

"Stop, you twat." I laugh, trying to pry his hands away. "You just look so...I don't know."

"Horrible?"

"Wonderful. In the moon. Not in the moon, whatever, still. You always, um, you always look wonderful." I ramble, losing confidence the longer I talked. He told me to shut up and we both laughed, causing me to shake my head. Wow, I just want to kiss him but I don't know how to even go about asking. Should I ask? Would he push me away? Maybe not, maybe he wouldn't push me away, maybe he'll even kiss me back!

Who am I kidding, that'll never happen. I decided to settle and laid back down, and pulled him so his head was in the crook of my arm, right next to my chest. He holds his breath for a little, then relaxes against me and snuggles closer so his nose brushes my cheek. God, he's too cute, I can't take it. I secure an arm around him and his goes around my middle. "Thank you." He says. "Hmm?" I ask quietly, eyes reined on the sky.

"For being...you, basically. Thanks for making me feel better. You always do." I smile widely and feel my face heat up. I make him feel better? "I make you feel better?" I ask, just as I was thinking. "Always." He mutters, grinning against my skin. I rub my hand up and down his back, feeling like I was on top of the world.

(Vic's POV)

We laid there for the longest time, occasionally talking about random things or stars we were seeing. Personally, I didn't see many, I was too busy studying Kellin. He looked so much better while he was smiling and it felt good to know that he smiled a lot around me. I run my thumb over his cheek as we lay there and I feel my stomach fluttering with nerves and happiness.

My whole life is made complete when he kisses the top of my head and I grin widely with my cheeks heating up. God, I want to kiss him. I really need to kiss him. Him kissing my head wasn't enough, I take it back, I need his lips on my lips as soon as possible. The only question was: how do I go about doing that? Fuck it, I think, but then take it back. No, I can't just kiss him. Some planning has to take place, I guess.

So for a while, I just lay there with my palm resting on his cheek as his breathing slows as he watches he sky. Then I bite my lips for the next five minutes straight because all I can think about is how good his lips would feel. "Kellin?" I say without even my own consent. The name that I had wrote over and over on my notebook paper like a schoolgirl so many times had been burning my throat for a while and as it left my mouth, it left a feeling on my lips. He hums for me to continue and I lift my head so my chin is on his shoulder.

Our noses brush together and I almost back up on instinct but then I realize: this is Kellin. This is what I want. So I keep my nose pressed against his. I don't pull away. I do not shut him out like I've done so many others, my father and brother, and past friends. He isn't them. His lips pull into a grin and my eyes flutter as our lips hover closely. I was anxious for the next few seconds to take place but I also was content with the teasing we had going on. Both of us were fluttering our eyes, lips twitching in want, but neither of us made a move to end the angst.

"This is ridiculous," he says with a whispery chuckle. His hand goes to my face and I feel him pull my head closer, and still, I'm perfectly content. I didn't feel anxiety or fear, I felt alive and wanted and okay for once. So when he pressed his soft, warm, shaky lips on my own, I damn sure didn't push him away. I put my hands on the side of his face and ran my thumb over his skin and grinned, finally feeling like a real person.

We kissed and kissed, my lungs begging for air that I wouldn't give. His hands rub up and down my back slowly, warmth running over me despite the damn near freezing air around us. My fingers play in his hair and our noses nudge together sweetly. When we pull away, the crooked smile I'd come to crave, was all that I could see. "We should do that more often." He teases.

I don't reply. I just look at him, hands still on either side of his face and lips in a content grin. It was okay right now. Mom wasn't sick. Mike wasn't smoking. Dad was in love with Mom. I was a real person, I was here and breathing, kissing even.

I was alive.

_____

GUYS!!

Just started publishing a frerard (best ship idc) and you guys should check it out. It's called Smoke Rings.
But more importantly, I'm going to be publishing another frerard shortly and I think you guys will like that one more.
It's my favorite of the two anyway.
After these two, what should I write?