Acceptance/Rejection

(Kellin's POV)

I smile over at the small boy in the front seat and drop my hand from his knee. "Ready?" I ask. He purses his lips and shrugs, so I look at Mike and ask the same thing. "Sure." He says with a small grin. He gets out and Vic and I are left in the car alone. "Vic, it'll be fine. You'll do great."

"What if I'm weird around them?"

"Apparently I failed to mention how weird Alan and Jack are. C'mon, I wouldn't do something to purposefully embarrass you. Trust me." I smile warmly and pat his thigh. With that he lets out a long breath, seeming more relaxed afterwards, and then opens his door. "Fine, let's get this over with."

I grin and follow him up the cement walkway to Jaime's house, reaching for Vic's hand. He doesn't pull away this time and my heart flutters when he bony fingers link with mine. I felt nerves arise inside me as well, realizing the guys still didn't know my neighbor was a guy. I was hoping for the best reaction from them, seeing as they were my friends.

I knock and call out, "Open up you miserable freaks!"

Not a second passes before someone yanks the door open and I'm shoved and Jaime and I stumble back, ripping my hand from Vic's. "You freaking ass!" He chuckles. "Whatever." I mutter with a grin, then push him off of me, hearing the house getting noisy with our arrival. Mike was already inside, I could see him in the kitchen, joking with Alan. Me and Jaime start towards the house again and grab Vic's hand again, noticing he was chewing his nails.

"This is, uh, this my neighbor, Vic. His brother is the tall guy in there, Mike." I say, my face heating up as I see Jaime eyeing him. Then he smiles and pats Vic's back, "Good luck in there." We laugh a little and I feel tension let go of my insides, my chest relieved from the pain pulsating in it. I see Vic smile a little from the corner of my eye and can't help but feel my own lips tug upwards.

We enter the house and jokes start up, Alan running up to me and hugging me, punching my shoulder. "Hey, dummy. So this is the famous neighbor, huh?"

"Shut up." I mutter feverishly. Vic snickers and moves so he's half hidden behind me, clinging to my arm. I pull him back beside me and wrap an arm comfortingly around his narrow shoulders. Vic clears his throat, "H-He talks about me?" I look away, face unable to get any redder, and frown. I knew they were going to do this. Jaime pipes up and sits on the couch.

"All the fucking time!"

"Jaime Alberto Preciado, watch your mouth!" I hear in another room. We all start laughing and the spike-haired Hispanic shrugs, rolling his eyes. I sit on the couch next to him and keep my arm around Vic, kissing his temple mindlessly. He smiles subtly at me and I ignore the coos from all around. They were so stupid.

At least this was going well.

_____

It was late when we got back, late enough for Vic to be clinging to me sleepily on the couch. "Well, dudes, thanks for inviting us but I think I sould get them home." I shrug, standing with my arm around Vic's middle. He was so adorable all the damn time. Alan started complaining but Jaime shut him up with a glare.

I thank them again and lead Vic out as Mike follows us, grumbling. I buckle the sleepy brother while chatting with the other. "Fun?" I ask. He nods and gives me a faint smile. "Very. It's been a while, so thanks, uh, Kellin."

"Sure." I grin, then get in myself. After driving them home, I try poking Vic awake but he won't budge. "It's fine, Kellin. He probably would want to stay with you anyways." He mutters quietly. Starting to form words, he cuts me off again. "Go, dude, I'll cover." I smile a little and thank him.