Beginning

(Kellin's POV)

There was a noise, a loud one, it woke me up. It was not coming from my house, but outside. It was a thump. I furrow my eyebrows and look over at the clock; 2:17. What the hell was that at two in the morning?

I reluctantly get up and then stretch, groaning sleepily. I walk over to my window to see what had caused the noise and my mouth dropped a little. I opened my window and leaned out. "Vic," I whisper harshly. He looks up at me and raises an eyebrow. He was the surprised one? "What the fuck?"

"Just open the damn window." He mutters.

I snicker under my breath and back up, opening the window a little more. I give him room to get in, but he doesn't use it, he falls in. I bite my lips and clench the bridge of my nose. I hear him grunt and stand, then I look at him, trying not to laugh.

He kicks his shoes off and tosses his jacket. He walks closer and I open my arms. Instead, he cups my face and kisses me. That was unlike him, but I didn't say anything, afraid it wouldn't happen again. I raise my eyebrows when he back us up to the bed and pushes me down.

He straddled me and kissed me again, sighing through his nose. I grin against his mouth, causing us to pull away. "What was that for?" I ask quietly. He didn't answer me, Vic just kisses me again, harder this time. I put my hands on his hips and hold him closer, submerged in the warmth between us.

The way his lips felt on mine was something I'd never get tired of. Soft and inviting, and God, I could drown in them, they were addicting for me. I run my fingers through his hair and down the back of his neck, trailing down his back. I squeeze his hips and moan in the back of my throat.

I was getting worked up, and the material of my boxers would not hide that if he kept shifting around on me. Of course, he leaned down to kiss at my neck and the friction was enough to cause a problem in my lower region, slowly getting worse. I knew he knew, as embarrassing as it was, it was pressing against him, but he didn't pull away.

It was getting worse as I felt his teeth grazing my skin. "Vic," I breathe out. He nips at my skin and I run my fingers through his hair. "Stop." But he just kisses my neck harder, no doubt leaving marks there. He wasn't drunk, I didn't smell anything on him and he was acting fine, despite the way he was grinding against me. That wasn't like him, but fuck, I wasn't going to complain.

Finally, he moves back up to my mouth and kisses me quickly. "Take me with you," he says against my mouth, eyes wide. I furrow my eyebrows and slow my hands that were rubbing his sides. "What?" I ask. "Take me with you...when you leave, run away. I want to go with you."

My heart starts beating fast again. It hits me, what he's said. He nudges his nose against mine and I feel our lips brush together. "Please take me with you," he says, quieter this time. "My dad...he's making us move. I won't do it. I'll never be happy there." I furrow my eyebrows, trying to determine if he was serious. Holy fuck.

It also occurs to me that his father was making him move and my breathing hitches. I kissed him softly and then pulled away again, and he's still staring at me with the same look. He really means it, he wants to go away. With me. "Y-You're serious?"

"Are you serious?" He asks, almost like he's teasing me with that sly grin. We were so close and I felt his breath hitting my mouth and it didn't seem real, any of it. But I knew it was, I could feel my pulse in my own ears. It's happening. "Yes," I say, nodding slowly. "I am."

I was done with my parents. I could finish school online and I had a savings account. With that I could get anywhere, there's no telling how much was in there. I was set, and I knew it. I knew I could do it if I really wanted to, if I had the guts. "Are you?" He asks again, and he almost looks hopeful, like if my answer was no, he'd fall apart.

"Yeah," I say quietly, squeezing his hips. "I'm serious. I want to leave. I have a savings account and a car and...and you. We can. We can go."

_______

(Vic's POV)

My skin was buzzing as we went over to my house. Yes, it was four in the morning but this was important. I'd already packed beforehand, just in case he said yes. I tell Kellin to wait in the car and he sends me a look. "You're sure?" He asks. I nod, "Just saying bye to Mike. It's...I need to do it."

I blush and chew my lip and he nods. I lightly shut the door and walk inside, feeling like a little kid. I felt so small. I'm halfway up the steps when I hear something. It's from my room, that was what confused me the most. After walking to the door, I peek in.

Mike is standing at the edge of my bed, hand on his hip. "What the fuck?" I hear him murmur. I walk in after that, my heart sinking at what I had to tell him. I couldn't just leave him, though he could probably piece together where I was going.

"Mike..." I say quietly. He turns around, big eyes and an equally big frown. The look sent physical pain coursing through me, then it settles in my chest like a boulder is there, and I swore my heart would give out any second. He points at my bag, hand shaking. "You were going to..." He whispers. I nod, "I am. I wanted to...say goodbye."

There's a short silence and he drops his hand. "This is real," he says, furrowing his eyebrows. I nod. "You're leaving," he continues. I nod again, wrapping my arms around myself nervously. Would he hate me? Similar thoughts surge through me as I wait for his voice again. My stomach churns and I gulp.

He hugs me tightly, making me drop my arms then wrap them around him. He was shaking. I'm sure I was too, knowing we wouldn't see each other again for a while. "You can't go unless you promise to call me now and then, let me know how you are," he mumbles.

"You don't hate me, right?" I ask into his shoulder.

"No, no, I understand. Things weren't the same after Mom...I knew they wouldn't be. You wouldn't be happy here, bro, and that's what I want. That's what you deserve," he hugs me tighter and I fear droplets falling on my shoulder. He sniffles. "You spend all this time on other people...it's your turn to be happy."

We pull away and his face is red, lip twitching. I felt so bad leaving him like this but it was time now, we had to be quick. Dad would be up in about an hour, I didn't have time to stick around. "Love you, Mike." I say. He tries smiling. "Love you too."

My eyes sting as I leave, grabbing my bag and hurrying out. When I get in the car, I wipe my face, sniffling hard. "It'll be okay," Kellin says, touching my thigh. "It's okay." I nod and smile a little at him, then motion for him to drive.

Though I didn't want to leave Mike, nothing else was here for me. This was what I needed, the only way for me to find happiness, away from this fucking town. I was done, I was leaving everything behind. The only thing to do now was go, no pondering or wondering what if, this was it. And I couldn't be more ready.

I watch the house; the house I'd grown up in, the bricks I'd carved into with pebbles when I was a kid. The grass I'd laid around in. The tree that turned into so much more than a tree. Mike was looking out his window, watching as we passed. I waved slowly, smiling at him. He mouthed something, smiling too. Never look back.

I nod. "Never look back." I whisper against the window.

And we drive.

________

duuuuuuuuuuude, it's fucking done!
oh my goodness, oh my goodness.

how'd you like the ending?
there will be NO sequel.
this. is. it. 💋

but no worries, I have another story in the making if you want to read that when I finally publish it.

THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU. YOU ALL GIVE MY HEART BONERS. PRAISE 💦
👽 goodbye 👽