Orphan

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END GUYS👌
_______

(Vic's POV)

I cringe when I walk into the house. I didn't want to leave Kellin like that, I truly was worried about him, but me saying no would only cause more arguing between my father and I. So I enter the house and go to the living room, where I know he'll be.

He was in his chair, a newspaper in front of him. I sit on the couch and he hears, lowering the newspaper then. "Hey, Vic.

I nod and sit back. I watch as he sits forward with a sigh, looking at me like he was about to tell me I was adopted or something. Nerves form in my stomach, not enjoying the silence that was around us.

"Vic, uh, I really need you to hear me out."

I don't reply. What am I suppose to say to that? Spit it out, I think, then regret it. All there was to do was wait and see what he'd tell me, which would be bad, I assumed. "I've been rude to you, and you to me. We've been arguing quite a bit lately and I know it's stressing us both out," he starts.

Even though I wanted to leave, having no desire to discuss it, I stay put and nod. He was right, all of what he said was true. "And Mike and I talked too. He thinks things could better if we just...try," he sighs, looking at his shoes.

"Dad, what are you getting at?" I say loudly, biting my lip. The longer we sat here, the more nervous I got. I didn't understand why all this was more important than my time with Kellin.

"Son, I want to help and you need to understand that. Ever since she died...you haven't been the--"

"That's my mom, of course I'm not. I miss her and need her in my life. I'm not going to be the same." I cut in, crossing my arms. He shakes his head, "That isn't what I was trying to say, Vic, I know you have reasons to grieve, we all do."

I didn't believe one fucking word. But instead of yelling at him, I clenched my jaw and dug my nails into my side to keep from screaming. "And I feel like if we took a break, things would be okay. We have to try. I want to see my sister and they have awesome schools in M--"

"No!" I stand up and furrow my eyebrows. He wasn't serious, he couldn't think this could help me. If he did, he was fucking dumb. "Vic, we all need a break. You can't--"

"Dad...please. Tell me you don't mean it." I say, my legs going weak like jello. I slumped back to the couch, my eyes filling with the salty tears. My heart was beating so fast and I didn't know how to deal with this. No, no, no, no.

I wasn't leaving him; he kept me here, he saved me so many times. Now he was the one needing saving and my dad just wanted me to leave my best friend? Because he needed a fucking break? He must be crazy. I clench my fists and cry, my mind spinning. It was hurting, everything was hurting.

This was a prank. A sick joke.

"I hate you." I cough out, burying my head in my hands, feeling myself choke on air and sniffle too hard. "I hate you." I choke again, heaving and pulling my knees up. And the worst part was, he left me there; sobbing on the couch, falling to pieces, alone and scared. An orphan.

_______

GUYS IVE COME UP WITH AN ENDING YAY

anyway I love you all, and I hope you're doing great.
I've personally been crying all day due to the mcr drama 🔪

🌸 have a good day/afternoon/night, you deserve it 🌸