XXIII -The King of the Tower-

200 years ago.

That time there are still no rules that forbids irregulars to enter the tower. At that time a group of irregulars entered the tower. Arlene, V, Edahn, Jahad who will be later on known as the king of the tower and the other 6 who will also be known as the 10 great families.

All of them climbed the very challenging tower together faster than any of the regulars and became known as powerful beings. The ten of them accomplished many feats in every floor. People started to feel different emotions about these irregulars, some of them started to fear the irregulars while the others started to worship them.

Between these irregulars, one person stand out the most, his name is Jahad. The people adored him, even his own group was amazed of him as he lead them to the highest floors.

The ten of them enjoyed their journey as they climbed the tower together, but this happiness they experienced changed because of this feeling called "Love" that lead the group to ruin.

"You look like you're having fun Jahad." Said Edahn with a smile as he pat Jahad's shoulder.

"Yeah! Arlene said that we can go to the party later together just the two of us." Said Jahad excitedly with a wide smile in his face.

Edahn's eyes widened out of surprise as it was the first time he saw Jahad smiled like that. "Jahad... Do you like Arlene?"

Jahad look back at Edahn with a confuse look in his face. "Of course, I like her."

"Hah, is that so..."

"Why you ask?"

"Just wondering if you know that you love her."

Jahad smiled at Edahn and said. "Of course, I'm aware of these feelings and i won't deny them."

Edahn just smiled and pat Jahad's shoulder twice. "Goodluck~" He said as he left.

Everything went well, or so Edahn thought. Edahn realize something as they continue to climb the tower, that Arlene and V became closer than before. That time a thought suddenly crossed his mind. Is there something between the two of them? "Sometime you can see everything clearly if your not involve huh..."

"Is something wrong Edahn?" Jahad asked him.

"Is something going on with the two of them?" Edahn asked as to give Jahad some sort of clue to know if there really is something between Arlene and V.

"Isn't it just the usual?" He answered. Jahad never thought of it as something different.

"Is that so...?" Edahn said as he look at Jahad, then look back at Arlene and V whose talking happily in front of him. He mumbled. "You've become blind..."

And so their journey continued. Jahad still continued to make a move on Arlene, but that time Arlene already has her heart to V. The way she look at V and Jahad are different. Edahn knew it, but he can't bring to say it to Jahad and just continued to give Jahad's clue for him to realize it himself, but Jahad is not a fool. He somehow felt it, but is turning a blind eye to it.

Edahn continued to watch his friends. He observes everything from the sideline without doing anything, but as he continue to watch Jahad's efforts for Arlene he started to feel hurt.

"Jahad."

"Hm?"

"Can you..." Just stop loving her?

"What is it?"

"Nothing." I can't say it... the way i see it everyone will get hurt. He said to himself as he stare at Jahad. "Jahad... you have something on your face" He said as he remove the stain in Jahad's face slowly using his hand.