VIII -Khun in his blue-

7 years later...

"The winner is~ K's group!!! Congratulations!!!" The announcer said through the light-house.

"Finally..." Lyra said with a sigh of relief as they won the test.

When the group was about to leave the test area. Khun was just standing there in daze. The group then look at him. "Leader..." wondering as he sometimes makes a face as if he was feeling lonely.

Aruse was a little irritated to Khun's action that time, it's not because he doesn't like Khun. He was irritated that Khun can't seem to forget a certain someone who he met at the first floor. It was out of jealousy. He then walk towards him and pat his shoulder "Khun." He called with his brows frowned.

Khun flinched a little with his touch and look back immediately at him. "Aruse."

"Stop dazing around and let's go back." He said.

"Yeah. My bad."

After that they came back to an inn where they were staying for a while. After some time, they then started to eat together in silence. They were all worried about Khun. They started to think of the things and topics that Khun may like to hear. When...

"Is there some news to the irregular?" He asked making all of his group mates dropped their ideas of his likes and started talking about the news they gathered.

"Sir, I heard that the fug were going to participate in the upcoming event called The Palace of Gems. They joined the event as to introduce their new slayer." Said Lyra. "It is said that if you win the test their going to give you the best things, armors and equipments that will suit you." She explained.

"What? they have a new slayer?" Byro asked in surprise.

"Seems interesting..." Khun said.

"Are we going to participate leader?" Asked Cob.

Khun then smirked. "Of course. It's two birds in one stone you know."

After that, It was time to sleep. Khun then entered his room to rest. He laid in his bed and look outside the big window beside him. "Bam..." He called. As he remembered the promise he made to Bam. He suddenly felt cold  as some of the cold breeze from the outside entered his room. He then grabbed his blanket and covered himself from head to toe. "If i can just hold your hand again..." he said and slowly closed his eyes and slept.

Morning comes. It was the first day of the event. The first test was for the opening of the 3 days event. It was just a bonus game so it is not counted as an official test but, there are still good rewards for those who will won the game. It was played by some of the regulars who was also climbing the tower. It was for the guest to enjoy themselves.

Khun and his group decided not to join in the bonus game and just watched it from the TV. As it was not the official game. They are conserving their strength for the real game.

After a whole day of bonus games. Here comes a party for the chosen participants and invited guests. Khun's team decided to attend the party as to meet and observe their future enemies in the games and construct a strategy to counter them.

But, as the Khuns was a famous family because they are one of the Ten great families. Lyra and Maka convinced Khun to disguise himself as to not make any attention in the party.

"Okey." Khun agreed as he see that it must be a good idea to do that so that they can make a move without being noticed. He then begin to think of a proper disguise. As he was thinking of dyeing his hair and wear a different style of clothes.

Lyra and Maka smirked at him.

He was confused as why those two were smiling like that. "What is it?" He asked.