History

SPRING

"Are you sure you have everything?" My mother asked as Alisha finished putting art things into my bag for boredom reasons. It was already March 22nd, two days after we had planned to leave. After my episode, we had cleared up my bedroom pretty well. I found myself struggling to break a bunch of habits I had picked up from the time I had shut down, but the older flock was always there to help me. We ended up doing random one on one therapy sessions when I seemed to get down or began blurting out random things like 'shut up' or 'be quiet'. I had started getting closer to the flock again, finally being able to enjoy myself again while protecting them, though sometimes it was hard for me.

"Yes, we have everything. We'll be back after summer if everything goes well, okay? We haven't had any sign of Erasers since the explosion anyway, I'm hoping they've given upon us." I responded, lifting the bag Alisha handed to me. Future walked over and grabbed my hand, her lips parted slightly.

We had decided to leave Future with my mom and my sister. She was only a little kid, between the ages of 2 and 4. We were pretty confident she would be safe here, and it would be a better environment for a kid anyway. I smiled and crouched down to her level. "I'll phone you as soon as I get the chance, okay? We all have old phones, so we can do it whenever." I patted her head. "It's only a few months, okay?"

"Okay." She nodded happily. "Bye-bye, Mama. I'll be good." Her beautiful turquoise eyes sparkled. She reminded me more and more of Iggy every day, it made me happy. "Mama?" I laughed. "If I'm mama, who's dadda?"

"Dadda." She pointed at Iggy. I had to use every cell in my body to force down a red hot blush. Iggy covered his mouth with his hand as Max burst into giggles. "I didn't know you two had children." Alisha joked.

"She does look a lot like Iggy." Gazzy pointed out. "Maybe they're related." His curly blonde hair fell out of his eyes as he looked up to Iggy's, then down to Future. Iggy stepped forward and picked up Future, holding her above his head like she was an airplane. "Alright, I'll be dadda." He decided as he spun Future around, making her squeal. "We'll be back soon, promise." He held her close to his chest for a moment, before handing her to my mom. "Look after her, okay?"

"Of course. You look after my girl, won't you?" Annabelle smiled. Iggy put his hand around my back and onto my waist, pulling me against his side. "Of course, but she's normally the one looking after us." Iggy chuckled. I found myself quite involuntarily leaning against his side, melting into his touch. It didn't frighten me as much anymore, now that I knew exactly what it was, as I was still terrified of what would happen if he found out, and the feelings involved were scary too. I frequently pushed the bubbling, warm feeling away when they surged suddenly, like reflexes. I could relax against them if they built up slowly, though.

"Alright, that's everything." Max said after checking Angel's bag. "We should head out now." She nodded to the flock, and we all began walking out of the shop. "Be safe!" Alisha called.

We walked through the streets, looking at all the pastel-themed shops that had just begun their sales for Easter. I found myself at the back of the group, studying my necklace quietly. I hadn't taken it off unless I needed to since I got it, I even forgot to take it off at night sometimes. It was stupid how attached I had become to the jewelry, but Iggy had gave it to me. It made me feel warm when I remembered how he had picked it out for me.

"Cee, look." Iggy smiled. He had put on his new glasses, and it was the first time I had seen them on him. We discovered his eyesight got weaker as things got further away, but it wasn't too bad to affect his quality of life. Definitely not as bad as being blind had. He looked amazing in glasses, a little too amazing for my singular brain cell to handle. I found my face heating up and had to hang my head to hide it. "They look good." I managed.