Eighteen

[ mild nsfw warning ]
- no grammarly used.

The 27th of October.
2 days into Halloween break.
A Saturday.
And most importantly - my incredibly amazing, handsome, sexy, funny boyfriend's 18th birthday.

I was up at 5am with excitement, even though I knew he would most likely be asleep until way past 9am. I decided to use my extra time wisely by finishing up the present I had created. Fang had helped - I genuinely wouldn't have been able to do it without him. Like literally - he had something I needed. My new bed had been set up just after my own birthday, so my drawing desk and equipment was now under my bed and became my own little hideout when I drew the curtains over.

I eventually closed the present away into a secret place I will not mention, since it's secret. Then, I busied myself with procrastinating putting on some of the clothes Kat had bought for me after learning my size. Oh dear god - the amount of clothes Kat had bought for me. How do I even get into that? Let's just say that until school started, I had 4 sets of clothes I could wear presentably outside. Now? There almost wasn't enough room for them all.

I was specifically trying to muster the courage to put on both Kat's bought clothes and, well, underwear. I wanted to wear the good set I had bought while out with Kat, but I was nervous. I knew what I wanted to try to do that day, I had wanted to do it for a while actually, but I was freaking out now. What if he thought it was stupid that I had matching fucking sexy underwear? Would he laugh? I just wanted to look somewhat pretty for him...

"God." I groaned. I sat on the floor in only my towel and opened my phone in defeat. No new messages from Iggy, obviously. Though, there was around 100 messages from my friend's groupchat. I didn't open them, I just stared blankly at nothing.

Just put the damn underwear on and seduce your boyfriend, you horny tiger bitch. I chided at myself.

I eventually got them on an hour later, and got some pretty clothes on too. I kind of ruined the outfit with my appearance though, and ended up throwing and oversized jumper over it when I realised how much of my skin you could see. I still tried, though. That's what counts.

Once I had finally gotten myself changed, I went down to our empty kitchen and began making breakfast for Iggy. I wasn't the best cook, not like Iggy - but I wasn't as bad as Max. I could hear Alisha or Annabelle vaguely downstairs thanks to my intense tiger-bird combo hearing, setting up for the morning. It was 9:17am. The rest of the older flock must've gone down to help. The younger flock, Nudge, Gazzy and Angel had all ended up moving in with Alisha and Annabelle so they had adult supervision instead of 4 teens. It means us older birds also got their own place. Pretty fun.

By the time I was finished with breakfast, it was closing in on 10am. I had made a whole bunch of bacon, french toast, waffles, sausages, basically everything you'd have on a Christmas morning breakfast - but like, 4 times as much. I had also made him tea - something he had discovered he really liked recently. I put all the food on a tray with 4 short legs he could set over his lap to eat in bed, put his birthday card on the tray and carefully made my way upstairs.

With my telekinesis, I momentarily hovered the tray to knock on the door lightly. I had heard very quiet vague movements and noises that indicated he was most likely awake a few minutes before. As I suspected, Iggy's rough voice from only just waking up responded. "It's open." He spoke through a yawn. I gently pushed the door open, peeking around it to see him put on his glasses.

"Happy Birthday." I said with a giggle as his beautiful blue eyes lit up at the tray of food. His strawberry blonde hair was a mess as usual, his cheeks were tinted red, and I was so in love with him. I gently set the tray over his lap, and he looked between me and the tray in awe as I walked around the bed to sit on the right side of the bed, the one I usually slept on.