Dream

"Mom! Dad! Wake up!" A voice seemed to pull me from my deep slumber. I rubbed my face against Iggy's chest before tiredly looking up at the energetic ball of fluffy strawberry blonde hair that was leaning on Iggy's stomach with his front hands. Little black wings with white freckles like stars ruffled in excitement as an adorable grin spread across the boy's face, a tooth missing. His crystal blue eyes sparkled just the way Iggy's had all those years ago, the way they still do.

"Oreo, do you have to be so loud?" Iggy groaned, raising a hand to block the crack of sunlight that had decided to assault his eyeballs specifically. His other hand wrapped tighter around my waist, and I started to wonder why I was only wearing a large t-shirt and shorts to bed in the middle of Winter. My son, Orion, just grinned and spoke louder. "Mom! Dad!" He repeated. "Guess what? Santa came!"

"Oh really now?" Iggy grinned, his eyes suddenly sparkling. How they could both be so energetic this early in the morning, I had no idea. "And what time would it be?" Iggy continued, giving the boy a challenging look. Orion pouted and looked to the digital clock seated on the bedside table next to Iggy. "Six... Three... Nine?" He said with a nervous smile.

"And what time did we say was the earliest you could wake us up last night?" Iggy asked, slowly, and Orion gulped. "Um... When the clock said seven three zero?" He nervously backed up, before squealing as Iggy picked him up and threw him into the space between me and Iggy, using his body to trap Orion under him without actually hurting the small boy. They play fought in bed for a while, and I watched quietly. Then I heard giggling from the next room, and sighed as I slipped my legs over the side of the bed, being met with freezing air.

"I can get her if you want. I mean, I don't want you straining yourself. You're pregnant." Iggy said, looking up from the fight to meet my eyes. "No, you stay and keep the little troublemaker while I deliver another rambunctious little kid to you and then make sure Santa really did come." I grinned at Orion's sparkling eyes, before getting up and walking out of the bedroom door, starting down the Christmas decorated hall.

-

I blinked awake, a warm fuzzy feeling enveloping my heart in a big hug. I sat up out of total disorientation and felt a big hand pressed to the small of my back. "You okay, Sweetheart?" Iggy asked calmly, giving me a small smile. "You were murmuring in your sleep." His strong hand shifted lower, massaging the area where my cramps were hurting most without even realizing it.

I brought my hand to my heart, feeling a blush spread across my cheeks. I want a baby. Right now. I squeaked in my own head, bringing my hand down to my stomach slowly. Shit, god damn dream. I'm not even close to being old enough yet. Still, I would take that over nightmares any day. I eventually put my hand in my lap, still not sure what to say or do. How to react.

"Sweeeeetheart." Iggy called, drawing out the E. "You in there?" He chuckled, sitting up so he could see my face. I flinched back slightly. "Eh? Why are you blushing?" He grinned, putting a cool hand to my warm cheek. "Did you have a good dream?" He hummed suggestively, which didn't help my blushing situation.

"Yes - Well, no, I mean... Kind of? Not... Not the way you're insinuating. It was... a good dream. I want to go back to sleep, actually." I murmured, rubbing at my face. Oh, how I want to go back. Please let me go back.

"Go back to sleep?" Iggy gasped dramatically, pulling me onto his lap with ease. Was I really that light? My image of myself was always so messed up. "I never thought I'd hear those words from you." He commented, kissing the side of my throat gently. "And what was this beautiful dream of yours, hm? What was so special that you want to risk nightmares just to see again?"

"... Our family," I murmured quietly, deciding to abandon any thoughts of embarrassment for the time being. I just wanted to think about it, to tell him about it before the nerves kicked in. "When we were older. It was Christmas morning. The oldest looked just like you, it was insane..." I looked up at Iggy, finding his expression to be starstruck. His eyes sparkled brightly and a red tint fell across his cheeks, nose and ears. His hand had stilled from where he had been running it over my back.