Chapter 14

(WARNING: Foul play and strong language is in this chapter! May not be suitable if you are not comfortable with this type of writing. YOU have been warned)

~Mark~

Evie looked up at me, wide eyed and afraid. No words escaped her , other than heavy breathing. I grabbed her by the arm and she cried in pain.

"That's what you get when you fuck up." I sneered.

"Fuck up?" Evie retorted, her eyes twitching violently. "If anything, you're the one who's fucking up, by keeping secrets from me." She pulled away from my grasp.

I looked down at my textbooks and papers that littered the floor. She smiled, satisfied that I didn't have a comeback. But, what else could I have said? She was right. I was keeping secrets from her.

"Now, tell me Mark," She continued. "What are you hiding from me?"

I scoffed. "Like hell, I'd tell you." She raised an eyebrow.

"I have my ways." Evie curled her bleeding hand into a fist. A fire engulfed her hand, her blood sizzled on the flames. With one hand, sweeping motion, she set ablaze my entire bedroom, burning my books and documents.

"No!" I shrieked, flexing my wrist. Waves of water shot from my palms, dousing the blaze. Evie grinned, maliciously.

"Humans don't manipulate water." She snarled.

I hid my hands behind my back and bit my lip. She stepped forwards, her claw-like nails poised and ready to strike.

"Evie, stop." I begged. "I'll do anything." She growled, softly, her eyes locked onto me, like predator and prey. Then, she jumped. I knocked her down with one swing of my fist. Evie moaned in pain. She hissed and tried to stab me in the back with her jagged nails. I grabbed her hand and twisted it. Evie screeched in pain and kneed me in the crotch. I fell down, clutching my balls, and looked up at Evie, who had a twisted grin on her face. She knelt down and swiped her hand across my back, stabbing her nails into the flesh. I winched in pain, and felt a thick liquid trickling down my back.

Oh no.

Evie tread her fingers across the blood, and showed it to me. I looked at her in shame. She knew now.

"Now," Evie said. "I will say it one more time. What are you hiding from me?"